Ever had your Surefire just break?

This is a discussion on Ever had your Surefire just break? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My 6p LED just stopped working... New batteries, Nothing abnormal happened, It was working while I was cleaing the chimney flue, then blinked off... I ...

Thread: Ever had your Surefire just break?

Ever had your Surefire just break?

My 6p LED just stopped working... New batteries, Nothing abnormal happened, It was working while I was cleaing the chimney flue, then blinked off...

I is upset. :(
    "If you don't have any guns and someone breaks in, what are you going to shoot them with?"
    -Dale Gribble.

Where do bad folks go when they die. They don't go to heaven where the angels fly. Go to a lake of fire and fry, see them again 'till the Fourth of July

2. Remove Ads

Call SureFire...they WILL make you a happy customer.

To answer you original question? No!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array Hydrashok Glock's Avatar
    Nope, Like Sup said call SF
    The choices you make today define you of who you are tommorow

When you see the light at the end of the tunnel your life is not over..... it is just about to begin

COPS Protective Services

Lead Moderator
    I've had bulbs go bad. Nothing else.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I have an E1L that flickered off for a few seconds on a fresh set of batteries. It did this twice in a matter of minutes. I would say that surefires CS is good but definitely NOT their self-described "world class." AFter multiple failed attempts at communication via email, I received an RMA. After sending it out, it came back in about three weeks with a new head and fresh set of batteries. IMHO, "world class customer service" would've been them sending out a shipping box and getting it back to me in the same week or even sending out a replacement flashlight with a shipping box that I could use to return it at my convenience.

Some examples of actual world-class CS would be Robert Mika from Mika's pocket holsters who sent me out a free replacement holster and told me to keep the originally purchased holster to give to somebody else when I found that I preferred the round-bottom style.

Also, Tommy's gun pack OVERNIGHTED a new replacement holster when I told them the originally purchased pack's zippers would slowly open on their own with vibration. I returned the original after getting back from a backpacking trip.

Finally, Glock replaced ALL of the frames parts and ALL of the mag springs and followers when I sent in a G21 that was FTF'ing. This gun was 12 years old, with 8k rounds through it. It came back in 10 days and was FREE of charge.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Call SureFire...they WILL make you a happy customer.

VIP Member
    My old 6P used to break bulbs like mad; a call to SF and a trip for my 6P back to SF got her back in proper operating order.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

+1 on calling Surefire...

I bought an E2D...bulb went out after 5 mins of use--right out of the package. I called, and they sent me a new bulb, free--solely because it was right out of the package.

I wouldn't expect them to replace bulbs in the future for free.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

I had the tailcap on a L4 lumamax break, TWICE. The clickie stuck in both times and wouldn't un-click (I could still turn the light on and off via turning the tailcap, but it was annoying). Both times I sent them an email and recieved a reply within a business day and a new tailcap within a week.

Have a A2 with red LEDs that is a night stand light. Some time ago I noticed that the batteries would die after months of just sitting on the night stand. Called SF,sent the light to them .Came back and went back to night stand duty. After about 8 months,same thing again. Called SF,they had my info on file. Sent me a new tailcap free of charge.That fixed it.Also have a E2 Executive that had a cracked lens. Called SF to buy another bezel with lens,the lens does not come out of the bezel. SF sent me a new bezel/lens free of charge. Yes I think their SC is great.

Sure fire wants me to send it in for testing/replacement. I asked if there was a way to figure out the problem, Its the Lamp.. >.>

Gonna be sent out Friday. heres hoping they don't blame me for it being to beat up * scratches from rubbing against my EDC knife/ keys*
    "If you don't have any guns and someone breaks in, what are you going to shoot them with?"
    -Dale Gribble.

Where do bad folks go when they die. They don't go to heaven where the angels fly. Go to a lake of fire and fry, see them again 'till the Fourth of July

BAC
    Surefire takes care of their customers. To answer your question, no, I haven't managed to break my 6P LED Defender yet.

-B

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    You have a rare case. I'm thinking that there must be a lost connection or something.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

Never happened to me but I'll keep trying. I did have an E1L that had a wornout tail (the little rubber part) it still worked but was not water proof I called SF and they sent me a new tailcap

Maybe the rubber-coated Sure fires are more rugged, but my experience with the traditional aluminum bodied ones is that it doesn't take muuch distance to break the lamp if you drop it. Broke bulbs twice when my 6P fell out of my hand (at waist level) to the tile floor.

That kinda belies the Sure Fire ads that show the HSLD types deploying them in all sorts of hairy situations, at least in my mind.

Links