CCing mace/pepper spray

This is a discussion on CCing mace/pepper spray within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone know of a decent, reliable holstering system for carrying mace concealed in average street clothes?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CCing mace/pepper spray

CCing mace/pepper spray

Anyone know of a decent, reliable holstering system for carrying mace concealed in average street clothes?
    A man without a blackthorn stick is a man without an expedient. - Irish Proverb

Why so SERIOUS?

2. Remove Ads

wpk
    I'd say just put it in your pocket. I pretty much open carry my OC spray. I put a clip on the end of the cheap pleather sleeve it came with and clip it onto my belt loop. No one has ever even indicated they've seen it, let alone ask me about it.
    "America is a nation of laws; poorly written and randomly enforced." -Frank Zappa

“Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.” -Denis Diderot

I like it in my pocket where I can immediately have it in my weak hand without having to reach for something...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    +1 for weak hand jacket pocket (hopefully without too much other junk in there) you can hold it in your pocket if you see a threat (i.e. a loose dog)

i clip mine to my belt loop or sometimes to the inside of my pocket. Strong side if i cant carry my xd and weak side when i do.
    when I leave this Earth, It's gonna be on both feet; NEVER KNEES IN THE DIRT

You can get those nylon or leather holsters LEOs use for their mace, but you'd probably have to get the type of OC spray canister that comes without the flip top. It also would probably be rather bulky.

I've thought about this too since even though I carry OC spray (Fox labs) in my pocket, when I'm wearing jeans it bulges quite a bit. However, no one seems to notice/care. But the biggest issue is that if I had to draw it quickly, it'd be relatively difficult. I guess my jeans pockets are just too tight.

I've thought about this too since even though I carry OC spray (Fox labs) in my pocket, when I'm wearing jeans it bulges quite a bit. However, no one seems to notice/care. But the biggest issue is that if I had to draw it quickly, it'd be relatively difficult. I guess my jeans pockets are just too tight.
    Exactly my problem. My usual dress is either slacks and a sports jacket or a polo shirt with either no-pleat khakis or Levi fitted boot cut. In the cold weather it is easy to slip it into the pocket of a jacket, but when it gets warmer carrying gets more difficult if you don't want to print and you need quick access. The only OC spray I have seen that would be somewhat concealable would be the Kimber Guardian Angels, but I haven't heard any reviews on them and I would probably still need a holster (I like access when sitting).

Why so SERIOUS?

+1 Left pocket (weak side) pants or jacket if i'm wearing one.
    It prints as much as a cigarette lighter.

If anyone was really trying to scope me out that closely I'd probably have my hand on it anyway.....
    Never had a problem.
    bosco

Distinguished Member
    If you give Mika the dimensions he can make a belt pouch for it.

Pocket.

I have a regular police style holder for mine, but always just carry it in my pocket. I have it out and ready if I really feel the need.
    Pro-Peace & Pro Piece

pardon the dumb question, but is OC spray illegal where you live? i only ask because it seems to be a lot of trouble to try and hide a little can of pepper spray, when you could just put it on your keychain.

pardon the dumb question, but is OC spray illegal where you live? i only ask because it seems to be a lot of trouble to try and hide a little can of pepper spray, when you could just put it on your keychain.
    Haha, no, at least not to my current knowledge. I am a large proponent of deep-cover concealment of any weapons I carry.

I also hate for anything I'm carrying - even weapons - to mess up the cut of my clothes if I can avoid it.

Why so SERIOUS?

I carry a Guardian Angel and it's a bit bulky. It's got a built in belt clip but I usually slip it in my back pocket without a problem. For business casual attire as you've described this option would be too big and bulky for you i.m.h.o.
    Condition 1
    "My weapon has never hurt anyone. It never will. If someone dies by my hand, it is my fault. The weapon is blameless." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    A 2 oz. can of OC spray is generally too bulky for key chain duty. As I've heard the smaller ones are less effective than their bigger ones, which seem to have a different formulation of spray. At least, that seems to be the case with several of the better manufacturers, including Fox Labs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links