Looking for a certain set up

This is a discussion on Looking for a certain set up within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So the other day when I was out having lunch I noticed a man open carrying a small fixed blade. He was the tall cowboy ...

Thread: Looking for a certain set up

So the other day when I was out having lunch I noticed a man open carrying a small fixed blade. He was the tall cowboy type and the knife matched his type (leather sheath, bone handle knife). The thing that caught my eye was the sheath was set up to be carried horizontally on the belt and had a slight upward cant. also it was set up for a reverse gripped draw.

the only things i can come up with on the internet are custom made sheaths that fit custom made knives. these are way out of my price range ( well the knives are atleast). my optimum set up that i can think of would be something like a RAT 3 (tho i hate partially serrated blades) or a Benchmade Rant Drop Point in a sheath that matched the one i saw. These knives aren't set in stone yet, i just like the designs.

If anyone has any ideas on an affordable set up with small drop point fixed blade and horizontal reverse draw sheath i would appreciate a push in the right direction.
    Guns don't kill people, Husbands that come home early kill people.

noy sure about the luck you will have

His rig sounds custom to me, especially with the tpe described. I knowhow pricey custom knives are but a custom sheath set up shouldn't break the bank.

What you want is pretty common for defensive carry. Lots of good makers, but Mike is one of the Big Names .
    Home Page

I've got one of this guy's sheaths for a CRKT Companion and it works well, it's IWB but I'm sure he could make you one that was belt mounted. http://www.stssheaths.com/drawpoint.html

You can also just attach a Tek-lok to many knife sheaths.

and just so you know, the Rat 3 can be had with a plain edge.
    Ontario - RAT-3
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

I have a joke that Tek-Loks are the enemy of concealment since they they tend to push away from your body.

Sponsored Links