SOG Flash II

This is a discussion on SOG Flash II within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; anyone have one? they look pretty nice. I found a black/black for like 45 bux. I think I'm gonna get it, but I wanted to ...

Thread: SOG Flash II

SOG Flash II

anyone have one? they look pretty nice. I found a black/black for like 45 bux. I think I'm gonna get it, but I wanted to see if anyone had one or would like to recommend something else

thanks!

2. Remove Ads

Yes, I have had one for a couple of years. Has remained very sharp. The complaint that I have about it is that stupid little safety that it has on there. I don't need a safety on a knife. I just glued it in place and it hasn't caused me any further problems. I have a Kershaw Avalanche and prefer it more because it has no safety and just seems like a better knife to me. OMO
    Allen

-"I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty." -Clint Smith

I see. yeah. I could just glue the safety thing on too I guess.

I haven't looked at anything besides SOG to be honest.

I've got a Flash II, and have had it on hand for about four years. It's a very serviceable knife. I do like the assisted opening. I find it a little thick in the handle. This is nice for a good, solid grip. It makes it a little chunky to carry. I'm pretty satisfied with and do carry it from time to time, mostly when camping or doing outdoor chores.

It's a decent quality blade at a fair price.
    Still Clingin'

Just down the road from me is Smokie Mountain Knife Works, eknifeworks.com . I was just in there yesterday and spoke with several of the ol' guys behind the counter, they all suggested either SOG or Kersaw. Went with the Kersaw myself. good luck.

I have it with the Tanto blade, love it. My only issue is I carry it in the front pocket, weak side, where I keep my keys and depending on the type of pants I am wearing it makes it difficult to get my keys out comfortably (but that is a carry choice and nothing to do with the knife).
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Don't have one but have held several and wish I had one.

I looked at the SOG Flash II but decided on the SOG Trident, I like the lock that they put on their knifes, it has come in handy with the Trident since it has the slot for the webbing and rope cutter. With my active job in fire and ems I have had a previous knife open on me while working a call and have runied a pair of work pants and just about put a hole through my bunker gear, so the blade lock is a plus. OMO
    Give me my guns and my right to keep and bear arms, and they can keep their change.

I have the SOG Twitch II and love it. I looked at the Flash and decided on the Twitch. I think they are both solid knives. Go with what feels best to you. The safety doesn't really bother me at all. Mine stays put and once you realize how nicely they 'flick' out, i'm kind of glad there is one on there. If plaxico can shoot himself in the leg, imagine what he would've done with a knife!

+1 for the Flash II! My fiancee bought me one for Christmas last year and I have carried it every day since. Most of all, I love the clip on it which lets it sit low in your pocket which makes it highly concealable. I honestly love the safety but have accidently left if off a couple of times and never had an issue.

I have one, you can get them pretty cheaply. The quality was less than I expected from SOG. Just a little loose in the tolerances and not all that comfortable in the hand.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Links