Bought my fiance some Pepper Spray

This is a discussion on Bought my fiance some Pepper Spray within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My fiance has been leaving her work a little later than usual, around 1645. It's pretty dark in Vegas at that time so I brought ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bought my fiance some Pepper Spray

Bought my fiance some Pepper Spray

My fiance has been leaving her work a little later than usual, around 1645. It's pretty dark in Vegas at that time so I brought up the issue of how she would defend herself against an attacker/s. We are not in the financial position to buy her a firearm, even though she loves her mom's Glock 26, and she said she wouldn't want to carry a Taser C2, so we decided upon pepper spray. I did my research on different pepper sprays, and I decided to buy Zarc Vexor. It has a SHU rating of 15 million, the highest on the market. The Oleoresin is removed from the mix, leaving only capsicum and whatever carriers and propellants are necessary. Everyone who has been sprayed with it has said it was the worst experience of their life. It isn't a cone or a fog, the spray pattern is called Micro-Spin. It fires in a spinning dense ball and is designed to expand into an oval on impact. Hopefully this will give me and Kate some peace of mind before I buy her the Glock she wants. It's breaking my heart she doesn't want a Sig. . . .
    "People should not be afraid of their governments; governments should be afraid of their people".
    -- V for Vendetta

NRA Associate Member

2. Remove Ads

But hey, at least she is interested and wants one!! Does anyone know if you can transport pepper spray via your baggage on an airline? (obviously not on you carry on.)
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

Quote Originally Posted by NickEMT View Post
    It's breaking my heart she doesn't want a Sig. . . .

Ouch...I feel your pain. Oh well...at least your wallet will be thankful. Pepper spray is always a good idea IMO, even after she starts carrying. (for places that don't allow cc, like post offices etc. etc.)
    "Any rationally thinking person is armed" ---Hinds Co. constable John Lewis

NRA member

I would assume you could have OC in your checked baggage as long as you declared it . . .
    "People should not be afraid of their governments; governments should be afraid of their people".
    -- V for Vendetta

NRA Associate Member

me
    I don't believe you can because it is an aerosol, I know when I last flew they would not allow me to take my aerosol gun lube.
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    Even though she doesn't want a Sig, it's a great thing that she is considering carrying.
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

Quote Originally Posted by me View Post
    I don't believe you can because it is an aerosol, I know when I last flew they would not allow me to take my aerosol gun lube.
    +1. Nothing compressed...
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

First off smart women for wanting a Glock! And second pepper spray is 100 times better then what the avage sheep is running around with.
    “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”.... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

VIP Member
    you can carry up to 4oz can of OC in checked baggage only
    I've done it each time I've flown, 4oz can of OC in the locked container with my firearm, no problems frm TSA or Southwest

from TSA website

TSA: Prohibited Items

Mace/Pepper Spray - One 118 ml or 4 Fl. oz. container of mace or pepper spray is permitted in checked baggage provided it is equipped with a safety mechanism to prevent accidental discharge.
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Interestingly enough, there is a 2 oz. carry restriction in Florida. So my Fox labs spray is the 2 oz. spray.

Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra View Post
    you can carry up to 4oz can of OC in checked baggage only
    I've done it each time I've flown, 4oz can of OC in the locked container with my firearm, no problems frm TSA or Southwest

from TSA website

TSA: Prohibited Items

Mace/Pepper Spray - One 118 ml or 4 Fl. oz. container of mace or pepper spray is permitted in checked baggage provided it is equipped with a safety mechanism to prevent accidental discharge.
    Thanks, I stand corrected. That is good to know.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Quote Originally Posted by paul34 View Post
    Interestingly enough, there is a 2 oz. carry restriction in Florida. So my Fox labs spray is the 2 oz. spray.
    are you sure? dont wanna sound like an ass but do you know the statue number? id like to read up cause i gave my girlfriend a 4oz.

Quote Originally Posted by NickEMT View Post
    It's breaking my heart she doesn't want a Sig. . . .
    I cant even get my girl to go to the range. Sounds like you have a keeper.
    God invented cops so that firemen could have heroes too!

Quote Originally Posted by razerok1 View Post
    are you sure? dont wanna sound like an ass but do you know the statue number? id like to read up cause i gave my girlfriend a 4oz.
    Florida statue 790.001 (subsection 3(b)), definitions, defines a "self-defense chemical spray" (which may be legally concealed or openly carried for self-defense purposes with no permit) as:

"Tear gas gun" or "chemical weapon or device" means any weapon of such nature, except a device known as a "self-defense chemical spray." "Self-defense chemical spray" means a device carried solely for purposes of lawful self-defense that is compact in size, designed to be carried on or about the person, and contains not more than two ounces of chemical.
    http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/...20001#0790.001

It is kind of a silly law, honestly, but I have a feeling that carrying a 4 oz spray probably won't be a big deal, especially if its your girlfriend carrying it.

Unfortunately I am also one of those guys with a woman who will not carry a gun or does not like to shoot. It does piss you off. A buddy of mine got his wife a Taser C2. They live in Maryland and carrying a gun is not an option there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links