Tiny Boker Poker

This is a discussion on Tiny Boker Poker within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by retsupt99 Hey Miggy... Don't the actors on the show "Little People", carry that setup? You're not an actor, are you? (Apply fake ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tiny Boker Poker

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Hey Miggy...
    Don't the actors on the show "Little People", carry that setup?
    You're not an actor, are you?
    (Apply fake cuban accent)
    Say hello to my little friends!

Now this is a great looking blade!
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

2. Remove Ads

I like the looks of it. Who carries these knives or do you get them on line?
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    I picked mine up at a local cutlery in the mall. But they are available online. Found a forum that they guys are making custom handles for theirs. Maybe not a bad idea to add to the cuteness factor for those getting them for the ladies in their lives . Some are pretty cool actually for those like me that like to customize their stuff Boker Subcom pics
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Thumbs up Boker

Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    Go here to order from Boker (Shipped from Colorado):

Böker - Your Knife Made In Solingen

Here are the CLB Models, including the "Sub's":

Böker - Your Knife Made In Solingen

They've been very fast for me.

Thanks LongRider and Rock and Glock I will be looking. I wish I had known about these before now as I have a few people they would have made a great Christmas gift for.

Merry Christmas to you all.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Expensive Little Knife!

Got mine about a year ago. My wife wanted to borrow it to open a packaged toy for our grandkid. She opened it, tried to open the package with it and plunged it into the palm of her hand - deep!

A trip to the emergency room and many $$$'s later I can attest that the little devil is really sharp and, to my dismay, kind of an Expensive Little Knife
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar

Too small for big hands?

I have large hands (9 3/4" full span; see photo) - would this knife be too small for me?

Thanks!
    Attached Images
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

Quote Originally Posted by Paymeister View Post
    I have large hands (9 3/4" full span; see photo) - would this knife be too small for me?

Thanks!
    Nope. Mine are larger than yours by a tad. I love my mini-Bokers!

Size, however, is a personal decision and is very subjective.

OK, here are a couple of additional questions:

1) I'm untrained in knife use, but a sheep-acceptable knife and a flashlight is as much as I can imagine carrying at work (they don't want weapons, and I want my job). Should I carry a knife at all? Note that we farm, and I can certainly justify the daily carry of a knife for chores.

2) If I choose to carry a knife, and choose one of these for it's sheep-acceptable/cute factor, which of the three blade types would be best for an untrained type to use in a nuts-I-wish-I-had-my-pistol situation?

No need to discuss "Stay out of bad places", "Don't bring a knife to a gunfight" and the like: I quite agree. This is a compromise for a 'no-weapons' policy and to be used as a last-ditch WHILE carrying a pistol when I'm able to.

Subclaw:
    Wharcom:
    Subcom F:

As a personal defense knife, the Subclaw is the best blade. Check out mercops page. It convinced me to get one and it's replaced my Emerson as my EDC.
    Last edited by semperfi.45; December 26th, 2008 at 01:44 PM.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Paymeister:

I'd get the Subcom F for deployment at work,if needed, for the occasional packing tape, but carry the Subclaw as a back up for more defensive needs. They are small and light enough you'll never notice them.

VIP Member
    Paymeister: I carry a Wharcom everyday at my job which has a no weapons policy. Just 2 weeks ago a worker was fired after an argument with another worker because he jokingly said he had a pocketknife (he did not). But most everybody, including Human Resources knows I have this cute little knife with me.
    The trick was not the knife but how I sold it: As a tool needed in the performance of my duties. I opened boxes, did assists for customers that need something cut and I even removed a metal splinter from a finger. I Also carry a Gerber multitool and a Surefire 6P so it is a whole package. No complains with the exception of one low level HR geek who said that I might be violating company rules...while I was opening boxes for her with the knife! I looked at her and asked her if she wanted me to stop opening the boxes and also to please clarify why cooks were allowed to have knives if they were not allowed on premises.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Paymeister
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paymeister View Post

Thanks!
    Nope. Mine are larger than yours by a tad. I love my mini-Bokers!

Size, however, is a personal decision and is very subjective.
    I have small hands but have had others handle it including my son who has huge mitts everyone is impressed on how solid their grip is on it. The ergonomic design of these things is quiet impressive.
    In answer to you other questions. I have the Subcom F because I think it is the best SD tool for its size. I do not personally like the claw design while a great slasher it is not very good for stabbing. I do not see the point of eliminating stabbing as a viable option in a SD knife as an advantage. The claw design does look more aggressive tactical. IMO the Subcom functions more aggressively the slightly wider convex blade and point are better suited for wider penetrating wounds, still more than capable of functioning as in semperfi.45 excellent link mercops page.. While appearing inoffensive even cute as HotGuns said. Ultimately it is going to be a personal choice / preference.

As much as I really like this design it is a small blade at 2 inches a full inch, inch / half smaller than what is considered to be a minimally acceptable defensive blade. Not my number one go to blade, rather it is my money clip knife of last resort. Not what I would suggest as the knife for someone who is minimally skilled with a knife. That said I do understand there are scenarios where appropriate SD weapons / guns and knives are not permitted. These little inoffensive guys may be a perfect fit for those scenarios. But please get some training if having the best highest caliber high capacity full auto gun does not make you armed having most minimally acceptable weapon in your possession definitely does not. Whatever you decide you know you can not change your work rules. You can get training. Please get that training and develop the skills you need to protect yourself and family.
    BTW a bit off topic a cane has served me very well in those places I can not carry a weapon. Very simple to learn to use effectively.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Just got my new Subclaw - I'm impressed with www.edcdepot.com's response.

I am highly impressed with the solidity of this little knife. It is tiny in my hands, of course (see sketch), but the grip is surprisingly secure. It won't be the scariest in a knife fight, but I will certainly enjoy using it for boxes and such.

I've never owned a "real" knife - this certainly beats the $4 junk knives I've had in the past! I can heartily recommend this knife.
    Attached Images

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links