How many do you carry

This is a discussion on How many do you carry within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; One and sometimes more... Usually its either a Camillius EDC/Gerber AirRangerII/Benchmade 940 or Microtech Lightfoot LCC on weak side, and a Glock 30 or Kahr ...

View Poll Results: How many knives do you EDC

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • One

62 41.06%
  • One sometimes more

39 25.83%
  • Two sometimes more

31 20.53%
  • Three sometimes more

13 8.61%
  • Four sometimes more

4 2.65%
  • Five sometimes more

0 0%
  • Six sometimes more

2 1.32%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How many do you carry

One and sometimes more... Usually its either a Camillius EDC/Gerber AirRangerII/Benchmade 940 or Microtech Lightfoot LCC on weak side, and a Glock 30 or Kahr MK9 on strong side....

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by raevan View Post
    There seems to be an opinion that the purpose of carrying a knife is for a weapon by some people here. Knives are tools that serve many different purposes and if need be, can be used as a weapon. I carry no knife with the purpose of being a weapon. I always have at least 3. Right now I have a Bucklite (for fruit and general cutting), Leatherman Super Tool (rope and misc odd jobs), Hand made Boleen (gathering herbs) .
    Good point. I have used my knives far more often for daily chores than SD. So each of my knives have a practical daily function, except the new lil Boker Subcom it really is not good for much cept holding money and being my last ditch SD tool or at least I have other knives on hand that will do what it can but better. All knives work better sharp so I keep mine shaving sharp to cut what ever needs cutting a BG or a box. Does not take a great deal off effort to keep a razor edge on a knife no matter how often you use it. For me it a habit, like brushing my teeth. That said most any knife I buy it's SD potential id a factor in my buying decision
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

I carry one everyday. Since Christmas it has been my Kershaw Leek. Sometimes I'll carry my CRKT Kasper as well.
    "But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him."-Jeremiah 17:7

Gerber Torch II Tanto clipped in my pocket.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

I generally carry 2. One weak side (either SOG Flash II Tanto or a TDI) that I hope to never use and one in my right back pocket that is used for opening boxes and such (Gerber Paraframe).

I somehow forgot to dress the back pocket one and I felt naked once I realized I was without it.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links