Anyone have a Kershaw Tactical Blur?

This is a discussion on Anyone have a Kershaw Tactical Blur? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've had a couple of Kershaws (Blackout and Vapor) and a friend has had a few, including the Blur. I really like their designs, unfortunately, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone have a Kershaw Tactical Blur?

I've had a couple of Kershaws (Blackout and Vapor) and a friend has had a few, including the Blur. I really like their designs, unfortunately, each and every one of them has "died" within just a few weeks to a month without heavy use. For example, I'd only had the Blackout for a month when the lock failed. My friend had only owned the Blur for a couple of weeks when the pivot screw (bolt?) that holds the knife together literally fell out when he opened the knife.
    As I said, none of them were subjected to hard use. Since most of the people I talk to that have a kershaw love the things, I guess we just got the lemons (2 or 3 times in a row) but to be on the safe side, I won't be buying any more of their knives.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by kenpotex
    I've had a couple of Kershaws (Blackout and Vapor) and a friend has had a few, including the Blur. I really like their designs, unfortunately, each and every one of them has "died" within just a few weeks to a month without heavy use. For example, I'd only had the Blackout for a month when the lock failed. My friend had only owned the Blur for a couple of weeks when the pivot screw (bolt?) that holds the knife together literally fell out when he opened the knife.
    As I said, none of them were subjected to hard use. Since most of the people I talk to that have a kershaw love the things, I guess we just got the lemons (2 or 3 times in a row) but to be on the safe side, I won't be buying any more of their knives.
    I had the main screw fallout of my Blur too. Called Kershaw and they sent not 1, but 4 screws for free. Add a little lock tite and it hasn't backed out yet.

I've got the Blur and like it alot. It's one of my "jeans" knives. I find it hard on the pockets but its a great knife for the money.
    Attached Images

I just happen to have a Blur on the way, should be here tomorrow. So I guess I can give an opinion of it.
    Nothing Wrong With Shooting as Long as the Right People Get Shot.
    Clint Eastwood, Magnum Force, 1973

I'd love one with a Spear Point.

I am way behind on my reading on this forum...

I love my Tactical Blur. Here is my review in the latest issue of Concealed Carry Magazine:

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/rwcg.pdf
    DDGator (Duane)
    www.RealWorldCarryGear.com

I carry a Blur everyday. The grip becomes less abrasive over time and doesn't chew up the pockets quite so much, but the grip is still sure. I wear it in my docker-style work pants with no problem. And, with use, the snap of the blade locking becomes quieter, but it is still noticeable. Works for me.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

I picked one up a few days ago, and like it so far. Except that everytime I reach into my pocket, the knife scrapes the back of my hand. But it's a small price to pay for a great grip.
    Rest In Peace Dad! I love you!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links