Good Strider

Good Strider

This is a discussion on Good Strider within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know mostly about Benchmades/ Emersons/ etc....Looking for a GOOD Strider Knife one that is a folder (preferable) with a thick blade. Anybody have any ...

Thread: Good Strider

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality

Good Strider

I know mostly about Benchmades/ Emersons/ etc....Looking for a GOOD Strider Knife one that is a folder (preferable) with a thick blade. Anybody have any suggestions and a good source for these.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Ready to step up to the plate huh? My EDC is a Strider SMF which is their biggest folder. The next step down in size is the SNG. Depends on your likes and needs. Check out Custom Strider Tactical Knives

Ryan is a great guy, tell him I sent you.- George

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    I carry a Strider AR folder, with the clip removed, in a small-auto-sized Uncle Mike's pocket holster, tip-down, inside my right front pocket. It is with me every patrol shift, and most of the time when off the clock. The thick blade means it is not the best utility cutter; I carry Spydercos and such for that.

VIP Member
    Rob,

If you want a cheaper knife, try one of the Strider designed Bucks. They are pretty heavy duty & you won't be afraid to use it....

$300+ for a knife is a little much for me to carry everyday....I do own a Strider, but it gets carried only rarely. I'm afraid I'll lose it or ding it.

These Buck/Striders are cheap enough & still well made enough that I carry one everyday.

Here's one compared to an Emerson Commander (full-size). I got a bunch of these on Ebay for under $50 last year. I sent 6 of them to my daughter & son-in-law in Iraq to give to their buddies. I kept a couple for me to use.
    Attached Images
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    Rob,

$300+ for a knife is a little much for me to carry everyday....I do own a Strider, but it gets carried only rarely. I'm afraid I'll lose it or ding it.
    I have to agree with the price being high, but had a demonstration with dealer and he took a brand new strider out of a box and I took my SOG Seal 2000 (I love SOGs) and we started chopping a 2x4 in half. The strider chopped through his before I got half way and finished my 2x4 off. The strider was still sharp and my SOG was dull.

Would have bought the strider, just could not afford the price at the time. Just my $.02
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Thanks everybody. I have a buddy who lives down in FLorida and is a big knife guy. He gave me the name of a knife dealer here in NOVA that carries striders.

I know about the price, but you get what you pay for. Plus I'm extrmemly hard on knives. I need to send my karambit to Emerson for resharpining. And I broke the clip on my Griptillian. I know all knifes dull down however, for the quality the same name just keeps coming up and thats strider. I'm going to meet the guy tomoorow. I'm basically going to look at 4 knifes, the AR, SMF, and GB IIRC, and then probably make the plunge.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Links