Kershaw

This is a discussion on Kershaw within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I picked up a Kershaw 1670TBLKST Assisted Opening at Wal-Mart. Anyone have any experience with these. It is my first assisted opening knife and I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kershaw

Kershaw

I picked up a Kershaw 1670TBLKST Assisted Opening at Wal-Mart. Anyone have any experience with these. It is my first assisted opening knife and I was wondering about reliability and longeivty.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    Kershaws are quality blades. You'll be happy with it. Don't have any assisted openers, but my automatics have all lasted a long time and still show no sign of weakening springs.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Love my Kershaw Chive. Very well made and easy to use.

BJC
    I've had two Kershaws and have given two as gifts (for my Dad and wife). Both of my knives have been great. I had the chive (it got lost somewhere) and have the Scallion on me right now. On the chive, I had to replace the torque bar after two years of daily use because I noticed it was slowing down and would fail to open fully every one in a while. My Scallion is still on the original torque bar and almost 2 years old. Never had a problem with either. They come very sharp, keep a good edge, and are a breeze to sharpen. A note about the customer service - it is GREAT. When I needed a new torque bar, I called Kershaw expecting to pay a little for it. Two days later, two torque bars were in my mailbox and I didn't pay a penny. All of the above is just my opinion

P.S. - My wife and Dad love theirs as well

VIP Member

I've got two Ken Onion models.

Both assisted opening, love them both. Service is great too.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

I'm waiting on my Kershaw 1560 Whirlwind that my wife bought me for my birthday. :) Liked the feel of it from trying it out at the store. It was supposed to be a surprise but I did a once in a blue moon check of the bank account and noticed it. Ooops I told my wife and she said well now its mine you have to get your own oh how I love that woman.
    For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
    Romans 6:23
    www.Jesus-is-Savior.com
    Fundmental Brodcasting Network
    www.ConsitutionParty.org

yes sir!

I have the 1670TBLKST (also known as the blur with a tanto blade). I have had it for a few years and it has been to hell and back with me! It has done a little of everything. I did break off a few of the tips on the serrated portion of the blade but other than that I have been really impressed with the knife and condition it is still in. If you have any specific questions just pm me.

While I'm not a fan of the tanto or the serrations, the Blur is a great knife. I used to have one, and if it weren't for my Benchmade Griptilian, it would still be my EDC knife.
    You can't go wrong with Kershaw for an affordable, well made American knife.
    Congrats!
    Sig Sauer P229 9mm
    Sig Sauer P238 .380
    Colt XSE 1911 .45

I love the Ken Onion design so much, I got a Rainbow Leek for my wife and one for my SIL in Kalifornia and I even have one more sitting in the box as a back-up for the wife.

I also have a Kershaw Oso Sweet I edc.
    Bitter and clinging to my guns and my religion.

Thanks for the responses. I was really surprised to see "made in USA" on the box. This is the first Kershaw that I have bought in quite a while. It is nice to find an American made anything these days that don't break the bank.

Kershaw is great quality and if the assisted opening starts to fail just call their AMAZING customer service and they will send you a new torsion bar. I carry a RAM (Hawk design) and love it.

The only Kershaws I haven't had bad experiences with are the Leek, Chive, and Scallion (basically the metal, frame-lock models). Hope yours works...
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

I have three Kershaws a Black Horse folder that has been my EDC every single day for a good eleven. One of my wife's very first gifts to me. It has cut everything and anything that has needed cutting stays razor sharp and is a breeze to touch up when the need arises. I also have a little Ken Onion Chive that is a great little razor for tiny detail work and last I just picked up a D2 OutCast that I am reprofiling and putting a on to convex edge on. D2 steel is unreal brutal the reprofiling has taken over twelve hours and has completely eaten the course stone on my Gatco sharpening system. Once I get it done right I expect that I will have an indestructible razor sharp chopper that will cut through most anything and keep its hungry razor edge.
    Kershaw makes an excellent product. I would expect at least one life time of reliable service out of your new knife.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

BJC
    I just checked out the Outcast after reading your post - looks like quite a blade.

Quote Originally Posted by BJC View Post
    I just checked out the Outcast after reading your post - looks like quite a blade.
    Here is a review of the Kershaw OutCast. I bought mine as a result of it being favorably compared to the Becker Brute that is no longer available. I will post a review of mine once I get to reprofiled and convexed, which as I said is turning into a brutal ordeal due to the D2 steel being so hard.
    Last edited by LongRider; January 12th, 2009 at 08:55 AM.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links