Knives in Thailand?

Knives in Thailand?

This is a discussion on Knives in Thailand? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I will be staying in Thailand for a month in the U-atapao and Pattaya area. Anyone know of anyplace to find a couple of good ...

Knives in Thailand?

I will be staying in Thailand for a month in the U-atapao and Pattaya area. Anyone know of anyplace to find a couple of good knives for the old collection? (did a google search already... no luck) I found a fake Benchmade already, it was quite obvious! Thanks for the help.
    USMC - LCpl
    Okinawa

VIP Member

Ah yes, Thailand!

Love the place, been there lots of times. Great beaches, great food, and of course the home of ignoring copyright laws. Almost everything there is a fake. The scary thing is that the fakes are getting pretty good.
    There are numerous shooting ranges around Thailand that are open to the public with firearms for rent. Pretty basic stuff but if you want to shoot a Vietnam era 1911 that never made it home you might want to try it out.
    PM me for more info that may or may not be appropriate for this forum.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post
    Love the place, been there lots of times. Great beaches, great food, and of course the home of ignoring copyright laws. Almost everything there is a fake. The scary thing is that the fakes are getting pretty good.
    There are numerous shooting ranges around Thailand that are open to the public with firearms for rent. Pretty basic stuff but if you want to shoot a Vietnam era 1911 that never made it home you might want to try it out.
    PM me for more info that may or may not be appropriate for this forum.
    For years, Ive trained with prominent Thai knife fighters and Thai fighters. If you pull out a shiny knife in front of a street thug, he will pull out one covered in rust and smile at you. For self-defense look for a nice gnarly rusty blade.

GunnyBunny, it is clear what you are referring too. Most of the brothels in Thailand are inhabited by Burmese girls and boys that were literally stolen from there families as children... raped, drugged, and forced into sex slavery(good chance their family was killed). It is a living example of slavery today. There is a Biblical principle that says, " If you sow to the flesh you will reap destruction, but if you sow to the Spirit you will reap life." God will judge every deed when we die. He stands in the defense of the defenseless and hates the oppressor. It takes a man of character and honor to say no to selfish desire and yes to live in righteousness.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bold as Lion View Post
    For years, Ive trained with prominent Thai knife fighters and Thai fighters. If you pull out a shiny knife in front of a street thug, he will pull out one covered in rust and smile at you. For self-defense look for a nice gnarly rusty blade.

GunnyBunny, it is clear what you are referring too. Most of the brothels in Thailand are inhabited by Burmese girls and boys that were literally stolen from there families as children... raped, drugged, and forced into sex slavery(good chance their family was killed). It is a living example of slavery today. There is a Biblical principle that says, " If you sow to the flesh you will reap destruction, but if you sow to the Spirit you will reap life." God will judge every deed when we die. He stands in the defense of the defenseless and hates the oppressor. It takes a man of character and honor to say no to selfish desire and yes to live in righteousness.
    Hi Bold,
    I think you've misjudged myself and my post. After numerous visits to Thailand my insight is into behind the scenes of the nightlife (wholesome), politics, food, drink, sights, and accomodation that Thailand has to offer. You sound like a Christian and I can guarantee anyplace in Thailand I've been, I'd be comfortable taking you, my wife, or my parents. Granted Thailand has it's less than wholesome side, but that's not what I'm into. That's what I meant about not appropriate for this forum as DC is dedicated to CC not tourism.
    GB
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Wow Thailand

Gunny you were right, along with all of the other stories I've heard about the place! The weather great, the food is great and everyone seems to be very welcoming (no doubt for the economy boost we bring!) I'm having a great time so far, plan to ride an elephant while I'm here. I'm amazed at all of the tourist here, some I think just never went back home. I've made my way down to Walking street a couple of times so far. It's crazy down there! I'm not endorsing any of the local girls by any means, but many do. I see what you mean though, most of the girls speak english and after talking to them I have found that very few are from local Thailand. Most have only been working here for a few months. You literally have to push them off of you while you walk down the street though. They come running out of the bars and clubs screaming and grabbing onto you. Like I said its crazy.

As far as the knives go, I've given up on buying one here unless I can find a military surplus store, which would be awesome! I'm going to ask the translator boy at work tomorrow about it. Plently of fakes to be had though, found a benchmade for 400 baht (12 bucks). The logo is perfect on the thing, but its clearly not a benchmade.

Thanks everyone for the replies.
    USMC - LCpl
    Okinawa

I found some random junk knives last night, while walking around pattaya, not even worth the 3 bucks they cost. There is a military surplus store it looks like on the way to work, but its a long drive from where i stay.
    USMC - LCpl
    Okinawa

Links