New Emerson Combat Karambit

This is a discussion on New Emerson Combat Karambit within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just got this, absolutely love it. I have been training in styles specific to this knife style, works well for me. Quality is top-notch, works ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Emerson Combat Karambit

Just got this, absolutely love it. I have been training in styles specific to this knife style, works well for me. Quality is top-notch, works as quickly on the draw as I had hoped it would. I'm in the process of making a trainer blade of the same dimensions to practice with. This blade is for SD only, and so far has touched only flesh, my own! Bought a box of band-aids when it arrived, definitely needed them too.
    Attached Images

The only reaction side knife I have 100% confidence in.

A term that is not ringing a bell at the moment: What is the reaction side? Or is the term reaction side knife? Thanks.
    God, country, family.

Yeah, this knife works really well with my natural draw and defend techniques.

Senior Member Array psychophipps's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mercop View Post
    The only reaction side knife I have 100% confidence in.
    Not a fan myself because I favor a saber-type grip over a trailing blade. Glad you love your new toy, though.

Now comes the $64 question, "Do you want to admit to us what you paid for it?"

Quote Originally Posted by psychophipps View Post
    Not a fan myself because I favor a saber-type grip over a trailing blade. Glad you love your new toy, though.

Ha...no way! I paid a lot less than Emerson wanted, but there are better prices out there. I went with a company that I trusted/liked and paid a little more for it. Can you actually get one for $64? I would totally buy another at that price!
    Smith & Wesson M&P 9c
    Ruger LCP with CT laser grip
    Emerson Combat Karambit
    Ol' .22LR

I have been looking at one of these, I borrowed one from one of my buddies for about a week just to try it out and I really like it...I practiced drawing/opening it from my pocket a number of times and managed not to cut myself at all!!!!!

I will be buying one as soon as I save up my pennies...(I think about $200, but I haven't shopped around a whole lot)...

I got an emerson folder about 3 years ago, and i was very dissappointed....it's just not as solid as my benchmade, which was about half the price.

I was very very surprised, but I can't argue with success with the cheaper option.

But I don't really train with them on the level y'all do...

OMO

Sorry about the disappointing Emerson! My other option was a Benchmade (I can get at wholesale price) and after practicing with it, I went with the Emerson (4X as much). Ya never know! MadBadger, I found several online for $150-$170, I went with Knivestown.com. I highly recommend it if it works with your technique, fastest draw I've found.
    Smith & Wesson M&P 9c
    Ruger LCP with CT laser grip
    Emerson Combat Karambit
    Ol' .22LR

Quote Originally Posted by psychophipps View Post

Again it is a one trick pony for weapons retention. Reactions side is your weak side.

Senior Member Array psychophipps's Avatar
    Again it is a one trick pony for weapons retention. Reactions side is your weak side.
    I know, and I still don't like trailing blades too much even though a I do practice the techniques (tantojutsu). I use a modified Bowie technique combined with Arnis, so I tend to use my reactions/weak side for grabbing.

Well after this weekends Combative Pistol course it seems there will be some more folks looking for the Emerson Karambit and trainer. I demoed how well it worked for weapons retention on your feet and on the ground. Kinda gives you that oooogly feeling when it comes inside your thigh.

Well after this weekends Combative Pistol course it seems there will be some more folks looking for the Emerson Karambit and trainer. I demoed how well it worked for weapons retention on your feet and on the ground. Kinda gives you that oooogly feeling when it comes inside your thigh.
    Aloha sir,

"Oooogly" is a definite understatement!!!

God bless and stay frosty!!!

I carry my ECK reaction side everyday even in places I can't CCW. I feel I can do more damage quicker with this then any other knife I own. As a paramedic I think people don't think about knife retention after the first cut when your hand and knife are covered with blood retention is going to be a issue.

Some people talk about the knife not opening all the way when deployed my answer to that is in a reverse grip my first cut will finish opening it and lock it.

Having the ECK gives me a warm fuzzy feeling anytime its riding in my front left pocket and my LEO friends that have never seen one deployed always have to be shown it more than once and several have bought them for there weapon retention knives

Is it safe to carry iwb?

(the ECK, i mean)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links