Help with new EDC.....

Help with new EDC.....

This is a discussion on Help with new EDC..... within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I got a new spyderco the other day, the delica wave to be exact. I took it apart for the first time tonight and ...

Thread: Help with new EDC.....

Help with new EDC.....

So I got a new spyderco the other day, the delica wave to be exact. I took it apart for the first time tonight and got it back together just fine with the exception of the pivot bolt. I am having a hard time finding the right tension. I dont want too loose so I possibly lose the bolt and have lots of blade play. And I cant go too tight cuz the blade wont open correctly.

Any secrets or tips on getting the tension just right or is it just trial and error? Also were is the best place to oil the pivot?

Thanks all!

Aloha yankeeman,

FWIW, you might wanna try taking out the pivot and putting it back in again. Sometimes it just does not "sit right"...did everything jive in terms of the lock? Is the female part of the pivot straight or in the shape of a "D"?

IMHO, there is no "best place" to oil the pivot. I always added a few drops of "whatever" to the sides of the blade when it is closed, closest the pivot and then work the blade open/close a few times. In other words, when the knife is closed, hold it pivot side up so you can see the part of the blade that...oh you know what I mean, right?

God bless and keep us posted!

Sponsored Links