Whats in your impact weapon tool kit?

This is a discussion on Whats in your impact weapon tool kit? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Aloha ALL, I don't have one yet, but I should be getting a NUKO Fob from HERE soon! On the job, we are not issued ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whats in your impact weapon tool kit?

Aloha ALL,

I don't have one yet, but I should be getting a NUKO Fob from HERE soon!

On the job, we are not issued impact weapons...only our elbows, knees, fists, palms, etc...

God bless and be safe!

2. Remove Ads

My balisong, karambit, and CRKT knives, with the blades unopened. My wooden kubotanesque keychain. Any pen or pencil of suitable length and shaft strength.

-JT

No i do not sell impact weapons just a collector

I always carry like i said i never leave the house with out a set of jj's

I also made alpha innovations a myspace page jeff was very pleased with it MySpace.com - ALPHA INNOVATIONS - 40 - Male - PINE CITY, Minnesota - www.myspace.com/alphainnovations
    Last edited by JD; February 5th, 2009 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Merged posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
    Besides lack of training, carrying stuff is burdensome. I don't even like the hassle of my firearm. Just not into the bat-belt thing, I guess.
    You don't carry anything other than a deadly force option?

Senior Member Array psychophipps's Avatar
    I just use my Surefire(s) as my impact weapon anymore. I used to pack a 21" el cheapo telescoping baton but the tip segment got to where it wouldn't stay open and I wasn't keen with the thought of the weight potentially shifting in mid-swing.

And I'd rather spend $120 on ammo than a decent baton with the goodies I'd want for it...

Quote Originally Posted by mercop View Post
    You don't carry anything other than a deadly force option?
    You sound surprised. It's not unusual for a CCW'er to not carry less than lethal (physical) options. I consider my head my first less than lethal option. Then it's mano y mano. I'm not trained to use any of that stuff anyway. I could do OC, but my pockets are already pretty full.

If things are so bad that I can't get away with a few bumps and bruises, then it's time for the lethal option anyway.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Member Array carry for protection's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JAW JACKER View Post
    I dont own a gun. Also i dont get into confrontations to where i would need one if someone pulls a gun on me i say "hey man you got it and walk away"

Do you really believe that your knuckle things will be as effective as a firearm? I don't plan on getting into a confrontation where I will need a firearm either...but I'd rather be more than arm's length from the BG than upclose and personal. Sometimes BG's are just flat out interested in hurting you before they take your stuff. I'm not convinced that just walking away, as you describe, will be an option.

Like I said, I'd rather stay several feet, or even yards, away from an assialant if possible. But I do always carry "other" weapons as well, my firearm is most prominant.

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    For a while I carried a sort of home made kubaton. It was about 4 1/2" long, 3/4" diameter steel pin from some piece of equipment in our motor pool (don't know what, it was lying on the ground).

I took a bench grinder to each of the ends at a 45 degree angle so it was left with a flat point approximately 1/4".

Then I took some parachute cord and tied about six double bight turk's heads around it for grip. It was really quite clever and I'll see if I can remember to post some pics.

I eventually stopped carrying it for a variety of reasons (chief among those being weight)
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

Everyone carries impact and edged weapons all the time, they just don't see them for what they are.

JD
    Administrator
    My CRKT Hissatsu folder makes a nice striking tool while in the closed position, there's just enough handle sticking out on the top and bottom my my closed fist, a hammer style blow to the temple with that thing should do the trick if I ever need it.

VIP Member
    In Texas, the jaw jacker is illegal, as are all knuckle type weapons. You can get by with the keypsafe, because it is an open loop design, but anything with knuckles is trouble.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    I carry a flashlight, knife, .357 (a multi role impact weapon), and two size 11 boondockers (boots for you non Navy folks). In my youth I carried 215lbs of bad attitude and I wasn't afraid of a few bumps and bruises. Now I'm usually carrying a one or three year old. So my primary goal is avoidance. I just can't see myself in a scuffle anymore. If I'm in fear of injury to myself or my family they are just going to get shot.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Quote Originally Posted by carry for protection View Post
    Do you really believe that your knuckle things will be as effective as a firearm? I don't plan on getting into a confrontation where I will need a firearm either...but I'd rather be more than arm's length from the BG than upclose and personal. Sometimes BG's are just flat out interested in hurting you before they take your stuff. I'm not convinced that just walking away, as you describe, will be an option.

Like I said, I'd rather stay several feet, or even yards, away from an assialant if possible. But I do always carry "other" weapons as well, my firearm is most prominant.
    Naw man just my knucks and it doesnt matter to me if a BG is right in my face or a few feet away like i said if he doesnt have a gun he goes down im very strong and grappled in high school then its an option of either me punching him a few with the jj's or he can get a piece of my steel toe combat boots.
    Last edited by JD; February 6th, 2009 at 01:35 PM. Reason: ...

Reminds me of good ol Indy...Sword fighter "flashing and dancin", and Indy just shoots him.... Classic.
    ((Place funny, whitty comment here))

Too many gun carriers lack respect for edged weapons.

Another great target when using an impact weapon is the collar bone. Makes the arm pretty useless.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links