Whats in your impact weapon tool kit?

This is a discussion on Whats in your impact weapon tool kit? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry 3 "C" cell flashlight batteries in my impact weapon...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whats in your impact weapon tool kit?

I carry 3 "C" cell flashlight batteries in my impact weapon

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JAW JACKER View Post
    I dont own a gun. Also i dont get into confrontations to where i would need one if someone pulls a gun on me i say "hey man you got it and walk away"
    First off, welcome to the forum. A lot of great info around Defensive Carry, I am always learning new things...

Second. Not to rain on your parade, but your posts strike me as curious. You seem willing to engage in hand to hand confrontations, but unwilling to engage in firearm confrontations.

I want to caution you that you are not in total control of who, what, where, when, why, or how a confrontation unfolds. Since you are a "good guy", it is your responsibility to react to a situation with the goal of self preservation and a respect for the law.

From the perspective of a prosecutor: If you had a previous history of getting into fights with any of the weapons you have listed, it would greatly hamper saying that you acted in self defense.

It is wise advice to avoid, de-escalate, or evade any situation in which you possibly can. If that is not possible, it is prudent to respond quickly, effectively, and within the law.

Most States consider a knife, baton, brass knuckles... deadly weapons. If i was in a situation where I needed to use a deadly weapon, you bet I would want the most effective. For me, that means firearm. Any sort of edged or impact weapon is a backup to that firearm.

Get some training, learn your State's law, get a firearm, get your permit, and loose any traces of aggression.

best wishes

Naw man just my knucks and it doesnt matter to me if a BG is right in my face or a few feet away like i said if he doesnt have a gun he goes down im very strong and grappled in high school then its an option of either me punching him a few with the jj's or he can get a piece of my steel toe combat boots.
    Just an observation, You must still be pretty young to be that
    ready to go heels with any B/G
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Senior Member Array psychophipps's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yzcrasher View Post
    Reminds me of good ol Indy...Sword fighter "flashing and dancin", and Indy just shoots him.... Classic.
    Yeah, it's amazing how much better your chances are against a swordsman when he's scripted to wave and dance until you casually draw your gun and shoot him compared to when he's charging from a crowd without warning and possesses full intent to cut your ribcage open.

As a side note, that scene was supposed to be a whip vs sword battle with tons of stunts for several minutes but ol' Harrison had the Third World Two-Step so they changed it on the fly to keep close to the shooting schedule. It was completely done off the cuff and the swordsman stunt man randomly fell perfectly the first time through.

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.

Nope

Quote Originally Posted by mercop View Post
    You don't carry anything other than a deadly force option?
    Verbal Judo and thats it. If I can't de-escalate or retreat and I am in fear for my life or that of a loved one I do not owe the attacker the courtesy of a non-lethal option. I know some guys and girls feel real special with the ancient arts and primative weapons but there is no way I am going down that path.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by ron8903 View Post
    Just an observation, You must still be pretty young to be that
    ready to go heels with any B/G
    Yeah im 24 years old myself. so i still got the lion in me! haha

I carry 16 Jacketed Hollow Point "Impact Weapons" made by Federal and if those fail I have a big chunk of metal and polymer from Smith & Wesson that I'll use.
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

OK, good to know

DC Founder
    Yeah im 24 years old myself. so i still got the lion in me! haha
    Hopefully you will live long enough for the fox to live within you....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Jail time in Texas. I have a few, along with switchblades, BaliSong, saps/blackjacks, and ...(been collecting stuff since High School - over 3 decades ), and all are legal to own but not carry.
    OTOH, with my CHL I can carry any/all firepower I can still waddle with as long as it doesn't show, but a "knuckle-duster" or double-edged boot knife is still jail time. Go figure. I guess my 1911 is less dangerous than my 1-inch-bladed souvineer dagger, after all; who'da-thunk it so??

Stay safe,

Chuck Brick.
    Why do I use 230 gr. for my .45acp?
    Because I can't find a source of 250 gr!
    http://chucksrantings.blogspot.com/

Too many gun carriers lack respect for edged weapons.

Another great target when using an impact weapon is the collar bone. Makes the arm pretty useless.
    most gun carriers lack training with edged weapons, too.

as far as less-than-lethal carry, i have some OC on one set of car keys, an aluminum kubaton on the spare set, and carry a pocket folder that can be used as an impact weapon if need be.

Sounds like good layered protection to me.

Quote Originally Posted by psychophipps View Post
    Yeah, it's amazing how much better your chances are against a swordsman when he's scripted to wave and dance until you casually draw your gun and shoot him compared to when he's charging from a crowd without warning and possesses full intent to cut your ribcage open.

As a side note, that scene was supposed to be a whip vs sword battle with tons of stunts for several minutes but ol' Harrison had the Third World Two-Step so they changed it on the fly to keep close to the shooting schedule. It was completely done off the cuff and the swordsman stunt man randomly fell perfectly the first time through.
    Seriously it's a movie...nuff said. I was just reminded of it. Kinda like the saying "bringing a knife to a gun fight".
    ((Place funny, whitty comment here))

Senior Member Array psychophipps's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yzcrasher View Post
    Seriously it's a movie...nuff said. I was just reminded of it. Kinda like the saying "bringing a knife to a gun fight".
    Sorry, I just get a bit twitchy when people say quotes like that because they have directly led to a lot of good folks getting dead simply because they mistakenly believe that a gun trumps a knife at all times. I must say that I had great fun during my last FoF session when I pulled the ol' "Shove-n-Stab" on one of our local officers who was speaking that way.

You don't carry anything other than a deadly force option?
    Nor do I. Not only do I NOT want the hassle of having to try to match the BG as he escalates (HTH, then blade-to-blade, etc., and hope not to get behind), I believe that it could actually be to my DISadvantage in front of a jury trying to explain why I was walking around like Officer Tackleberry - especially when almost everything else is illegal to carry in Texas, anyways. Not only does wearing a toolbox make it harder to get dressed, it makes it harder to maneouver in the event something does occur. As I see it, the handgun IS my impact weapon during force progression: verbal (Back Off! Now!), then possible push/shove, then grip/draw the weapon, then IF the BG is at HTH distance, possibly a steel barrel thrust into the sternum with all my adrenaline for effect, and then if he is still undaunted, fire if/as much as necessary to end the conflict. I have no legal obligation to, and no interest in, add extra chapters to the story. He/they start it, I end it. I go home afterwards, and although I hope no-one gets killed, they made their choice and took their chances, so I don't feel obligated to try to protect them and their lives at the possible expense of my well-being.
    Am I willing to kill someone for my wallet & $20.oo?
    Stupid question; ask it the RIGHT way: Are they willing to chance geting killed for my wallet and $20.oo bucks?
    I, after all, an minding my own business, legally, and they are the aggressors that decide arbitrarily to take my wallet with my SS number, credit cards, debit cards, driver's license, home address, phone numbers of friends and family, and more: My life and possibly my family's security. Yes, if someone is willing to die to take all that, I'm willing to assist. That's not negotiable. If I'm not PC in this attitude, well, at least I'm honest with myself and all of you.
    Why do I use 230 gr. for my .45acp?
    Because I can't find a source of 250 gr!
    http://chucksrantings.blogspot.com/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links