Defensive Carry banner

Help with Ka-Bar Tdi belt clip

12K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  C9H13NO3 
#1 ·
I just purchased a tdi at a gun show and it came with the old molle belt loops I think they are called. Anyway I ordered the metal belt clip on ebay and it came with screws and some rubber washer looking things. My question is where to the washers go? Do they go in between the metal clip and the plasitc sheath? The sheath holes do not quit line up with the clip holes is there a chance it is the wrong clip? Since its from ebay the washers may not even be for this knife.

I searched and found a thread talking of the clip but it was closed by a mod. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
What I did...

I installed the rubber washers in-between the pocket clip and the knife sheath... as for the screw holes lining up.. mine were far from perfect, but I made it work and got all four screws installed... it took some "tweaking" to get them all in... but I was able to do it. I have been carrying it ever since with no problems.

#3 ·
IowaWalker is correct. The rubber grommets go between the belt clip & sheath, and the screw holes do indeed require a bit of "tweaking" to line up.

BTW, don't lose that little Torx wrench.

#4 ·
Thanks guys. I feel a little better about tweaking the holes now that I know its common. The torx wrench was lost at the gun show. I saw it in the hand of the guy behind the counter and when I got home it was gone. I did find one from my benchmade knife that works. Thanks again for the help.

All put together. The tweaking wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Just left them all loose until I had it lined up and tightened them down.

#5 ·
Really wish Ka-Bar would come up with a better sheath for the TDI knives. I've had one of the original small models for several years and couldn't wait to get one of the local kydex benders to come up with something that utilized a simple belt clip/hook.

Just found a deal on the larger model and although this sheath is better than the one that comes with the little knife, wasn't a week before one of those torx screws went bye-bye without my knowledge. :frown: Plus it flat takes up too much belt space. When my spare mag pouch is positioned properly the knife ends near "7 o'clock" instead of closer to "9 o'clock" where it belongs.

Guess another visit to the holster/sheath guy is in order. Unfortunately he is easiest to find at gunshows, somewhere I'd rather not go there due to the panic-filled mobs attending them these days.

#6 ·
here's a source for a great TDI sheath...I've got one of his push-dagger sheaths and it rocks.
MDTS GEAR/STORE

#8 ·
Glad I could help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.