Cold Steel Catalog DVD

This is a discussion on Cold Steel Catalog DVD within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone seen the DVD that Cold Steel sends with their catalog . Some very impressive stuff a good wake up call for those that ...

Thread: Cold Steel Catalog DVD

Cold Steel Catalog DVD

Has anyone seen the DVD that Cold Steel sends with their catalog. Some very impressive stuff a good wake up call for those that do not think knives are a viable weapon. If nothing else an entertaining promo DVD. It made my wife squeamish may want to take that into consideration when you watch it. Now I have to investigate some of their products and see if they live up to the promo claims
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

2. Remove Ads

i love those DVDs. Lynn Thompson is like the P.T. Barnum of the cutlery world. truth is, i'm sure most well made knives will do the same thing his can do, but it's really cool to see them do it.

i own some CS blades, and most have been good. a few were letdowns.

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    i love those DVDs. Lynn Thompson is like the P.T. Barnum of the cutlery world. truth is, i'm sure most well made knives will do the same thing his can do, but it's really cool to see them do it.

i own some CS blades, and most have been good. a few were letdowns.
    Anyone who doubts the effectiveness of knives needs to see it. The demos with the sides of beef and pig make my point that some knife wounds can be for more devastating than being hit with a .45 slug
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

That's true, and I think that while it might not be actively discussed, there's actually more of a fear of a blade than even a gun for many gun owners. It sounds crazy but if you think about it is pretty justified. I like knives, but certainly wouldn't want one brandished at me.

Reality is I carry a gun because of the widespread use of knives in crime locally. The local hoodrats here use them because it's easier to conceal, easy to dump and much cheaper than a gun to replace. A knife in the right hands is an extremely effective intimidation weapon even if it's just a threat.
    2A is not negotiable

Don't forget that a knife is much more silent than a gun. You can kill a bunch of guys from the opposite gang in an alleyway with a knife, and someone a block away would have no clue what just happened.

Links