Boy Genius

This is a discussion on Boy Genius within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I thought I would share this with you all. Don't know if it is really Self Defense related, as I suspect not many of us ...

Thread: Boy Genius

Boy Genius

I thought I would share this with you all. Don't know if it is really Self Defense related, as I suspect not many of us invest in $1,000 + SD knives. Still this is worth a look for anyone who really appreciates real master craftsmanship. Kyle Royer's Knives hold their own against any custom one off knife maker. What is amazing is that Kyle is 17 year old kid. A boy genius if I have ever seen one. If you managed to save any of your investment money my bet is investing in a couple of this young mans knives will pay better dividends than a lot of stocks. Of course there is nothing wrong with owning one just to carry a nice knife.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

2. Remove Ads

Wow, I usually don't get overly excited about knives but this kid is gifted. They are pieces of art.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

VIP Member
    knives look AMAZING. Wish i could afford one
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

JD
    Administrator
    Damn....

This one is totally cool.

very impressive knifes.

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    I'm impressed. He's gotten good fast!
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Very Nice.
    Join the NRA and Gun Owners of America.

WOW, this young man has a bright future ahead of him. BEAUTIFUL work!!

He is still an apprentice, he may be good, the real test is if he passes the Journrymans test. Buy a couple now, a couple of his Journeynan, then a couple of his Master knives and tou will have a good collection. The photos look good, but a lot can be hid by photos. He has had good teachers, if he stays with it he could go far. Should he get his Journeymans stamp this year, by 2012 he can get his masters if he continues as he is.

Senior Moderator
    He defiantly has the artistic eye and the ability to do well.
    It looks like he as an excellent teacher too...
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

very cool...
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

BAC
    That kid's got a future. I badly want one of his knives, while he's still considered an apprentice. One now, one as a journeyman, one as a master and I'd be plenty happy.

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009. You will be missed.

Defensive Carry Search Tips

Step 1 - Choose a subforum on right side under "Search in Forum(s)"
    Step 2 - Type general topic of interest in "Search by Keyword" textbox.
    Step 3 - Read results and refine/repeat as necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Damn....
    This one is totally cool.
    Why is it not a surprise that you'd go there? A proper tribute to a legendary knife, a beauty worth owning.. So which would you pick this knife or another gun?

Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    That kid's got a future. I badly want one of his knives, while he's still considered an apprentice. One now, one as a journeyman, one as a master and I'd be plenty happy.

-B
    Exactly, or as Raevan said a couple of each stage, if the budget allows. If I could go that route I'd have to have at least one Royer carry knife . I have never owned a knife I did not use. Part of why I posted this is anyone interested in collecting his knives there is not alot of time to get an apprentice knife. He passed his Journeyman Smith Performance test, last May and has 3 years to present his five knives to the judges at the ABS Annual Show and Meeting. In theory that could be this year. As proficient as he is that is not completely unlikely. As well as he works with Damascus I do not think completing his Master Smith requirements is going to be any great obstacle for him. IMO regardless of why you get one of his knives as a collector or for carry blade there is no doubt that he can make you a excellent performing knife. That would be a pleasure to own or carry. I have almost convinced myself that I need something like the "W" Feathered Hunter

Just have to figure out what I am willing to sacrifice to get it and how to justify it to the lil lady
    Anyway glad ya all enjoy this young mans work as much as I do.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

"Oppose the Obamanation" LOVE IT !

Links