Florida Automatic Knife Dealers

This is a discussion on Florida Automatic Knife Dealers within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am in the process of renewing my Concealed Weapons Permit with the State of Florida ( I let it lapse ). I have decided ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Florida Automatic Knife Dealers

I am in the process of renewing my Concealed Weapons Permit with the State of Florida ( I let it lapse ). I have decided that in addition to carrying a Glock 27 I would also like to have an automatic knife on my person. The State Of Florida has no restrictions on carrying an automatic knife as long as you have the concealed weapons permit. I also understand that Federal Law prohibits the shipment of automatic knives accross state lines ( Interstate Commerce ) unless you meet certain criteria, which I do not. There is no such criteria if I buy the knife within the State of Florida. The problem is I can't find a dealer that wants to sell within Florida unless you are in the military, police officer and EMT etc. I'd appreciate some names of dealers that will sell to a Florida resident. Thanks

Welcome!

Easiest thing is to go to the next gunshow that comes to town. You'll find plenty of dealers with just about anything you might want.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks for the response. The problem with Gun Shows is that they overprice almost everything. If I can find an online dealer I am sure I can save 25% or more . If not I may be stuck with a gun show. Regards

This guy is my buddy here in Jacksonville. He is an online dealer only but you can arrange a meeting for pick-up if that is what you are looking for.888 Knives R Us - Your Butterfly, Automatic, Switchblade, Hunting, Swiss Army Knives and More Superstore

He has a great selection and prices are great too. Check out his "closeouts" for even better deals
    2A is not negotiable

Gun Control: What a long strange trip it's been

I'd just buy one from one of the personal ads on various knife forums...like knifeforums.com, jerzeedevil.com, benchmade.com, bladeforums.com, etc. Private sale delivered to your door, often cheaper than a dealer.

Problem with private sale is that it still has to be shipped from Florida otherwise the shipper and the receiver are commiting a Federal Crime, unless you meet the Gov's criteria. I think the whole thing is stupid, but we are stuck with it just likeall the arcane gun laws. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    I wasn't aware of the interstate restrictions, only the importation restriction. You could still buy one, if you could find a dealer who would take delivery for you (obviously it has to be legal for them to take delivery!) for a small fee... sort of the way I buy all of my firearms these days.

Locally, call the Gun Gallery, see what they may have in stock. I know they carry some really nice knives (Strider, etc.), not sure what they may have in autos. BTW, they also have a great selection of higher end 1911's at most times (the reason a Michigan guy is familiar with a Jax. gun shop in the first place ).
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

just go to a flea market man you will always find tons of assisted knives there and pretty decent prices

I wonder (anyone know?)...can they ship to an APO since we're not prohibited for owning/carrying in Afghanistan?
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

I bought one on Rt 19 in Port Richey at a knife store. They had them at the flea market too. I also bought one online and after I got it it said I needed to be a cop or whatever. It was to cya. i don't know what troble I could be in. I broke it into 10 pieces and tossed it in the Gulf of mexico I got a pic of the Before said tossing. They are on the far right. I carry weak side pocket.

The State of Florida could care less about you owning an automatic knife. Their only proviso is if you carry it and your off your own property or business you have to have a concealed weapons permit. The problem is with the Federal Government. It really deals with interstate commerce. You cannot legally buy an automatic knife out of your resident state unless you meet the laws criteria. In my case, I can buy them all day long ( provided the store doesn't have some dumb policy about only selling to Cops, Military or First Responders ), but if I purchase on line or in person from a store outside of Florida I must meet the Federal criteria which includes licensed dealers, police, military procurement people etc. If I don't meet the laws criteria I am guilty of felony and so is the guy that sold it to me.
    In my opinion not worth the possible hassle.

You were smart to get rid of it. Keep to Florida's online stores, gun shows, flea markets etc and only in Florida.
    Last edited by Uechi; February 21st, 2009 at 06:27 PM.

Automatic Knives

Most of the better (and larger) gun stores carry an extensive line of government issued Pro Tech and other fine brand auto knives. DO NOT PURCHASE THE TRADITIONAL "WEST SIDE STORY SWITCHBLADE" SO COMMONLY SEEN ON TELEVISION AND IN THE MOVIES. These are cheap and will fall apart after a while. Spend the extra money and get a CIA issued Pro Tech. I only buy the finest semi auto handguns so, why would I get cheap on my backup (knife)? I may need it to save my life one day.

VIP Member
    I buy from this guy at Alabama gun shows. He sells knives in all price ranges and usually has good prices.

Alpha Inc.
    110 West Mckey
    Ocoee, FL 34761
    407-877-8072

If he wants to know where you heard of him just tell him that you heard from the guy at the Birmingham gun show who wants the Spyderco sharpener with the diamond triangles and who wants the Boker Subclaw. He'll know who you are talking about.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    I actually just picked up an Auto from Sportsmans Warehouse here in Florida. So you might look there, they usually have a half dozen decent ones in stock.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links