Just ordered Spyderco Centofante III.. Opinions?

This is a discussion on Just ordered Spyderco Centofante III.. Opinions? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I've never handled one, but have read reviews and what not, that the Centofante III is a very fairly priced, good quality EDC. I ...

Thread: Just ordered Spyderco Centofante III.. Opinions?

So I've never handled one, but have read reviews and what not, that the Centofante III is a very fairly priced, good quality EDC. I know they have a newer version, which I believe is a slighty longer blade, but Im a fan of the aesthetics of the Centofante III.

Anyone have any experience with the knife? I paid right at $56 including shipping. Here's the knife..

:: Spyderco Product Details ::

I don't have one of those but I've thought about getting one just because I've handled one and really liked it. The other folders I carry are Spydercos (Endura and P'kal).

I'm sure you'll be happy with it.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

JD
    Administrator
    I've never had a Spyderco I didn't like. I just wish I hadn't lost half of them. $56 shipped doesn't sound like a bad price to me.

Im interested in seeing how a 2.5oz EDC feels like in my hand...
    Kimber Pro-Carry II .45 w/ 230gr Remington Golden Sabers
    Ruger SP101 DAO .357 w/ 125gr Speer Gold Dots

"Try and fail is the manner of losers; try and learn is the way of the strong."

Quote Originally Posted by MBtech87 View Post
    So I've never handled one, but have read reviews and what not, that the Centofante III is a very fairly priced, good quality EDC. I know they have a newer version, which I believe is a slighty longer blade, but Im a fan of the aesthetics of the Centofante III.

Anyone have any experience with the knife? I paid right at $56 including shipping. Here's the knife..

:: Spyderco Product Details ::
    Nope..but as JD said it's a Spyderco it'll be fine ..funny, my most memorable knife losses were Spydercos also :(

ps try not to loose it ;) ..I bought some of cheaper Byrd models recently to help alleviate that problem
    For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Mark 8:36

I haven't handled that particular knife, but I'm a big fan of Spyderco in general and have found every one that I've owned to be very well made and servicable. I'd be extremely surprised if you weren't very pleased with your choice.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Seems like Spyderco has a good fan base, so thats good, seeing as Ive never owned one. MSRP is like $90 I believe, so got a good deal. And its less than what I was expecting to pay for a new EDC.

Should be here Thurs, will post review!

Aloha!

You're gonna LOVE this one, I know I do.

You can make it scary sharp, and well, check out my can slash...I did not "saw" the can in half...just one slash from the Cento III!!!

God bless and looking forward to your review!
    "...at least believe upon the miracles themselves...
    And I will do whatever you ask in my Name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father" - Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Daywalker View Post
    Aloha!

You're gonna LOVE this one, I know I do.

You can make it scary sharp, and well, check out my can slash...I did not "saw" the can in half...just one slash from the Cento III!!!

God bless and looking forward to your review!
    Very nice! I think it has a 20-22* grind angle on it, so it can take an edge.

Ditto the I've never had a Spyderco I didn't like (Delica, Endura, Delica Wave, Endura Wave, Native, R2, Spyderfly, Temperance and Yojimbo)

Well got the knife in and have carried it the past day or two.. VERY light knife, very sharp, although could use a finer edge maybe.

It looks good, feels good ergonomically.. the hole is plenty big enough to assist in opening. And the thumb rest plants firmly to keep your thumb from slipping.. although if carried tip-down, good look getting in/out of your pocket without it scratching your hand some..

Overall, I really like the knife, good EDC, especially for the $50 I paid for it..

Sponsored Links