Sword play

Sword play

This is a discussion on Sword play within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 2nd person dies from Indianapolis sword fight Published: 4/13/09, 2:46 PM EDT INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - Police in Indianapolis say a 69-year-old man is the second ...

Thread: Sword play

Sword play

2nd person dies from Indianapolis sword fight
    Published: 4/13/09, 2:46 PM EDT
    INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - Police in Indianapolis say a 69-year-old man is the second person to die of injuries suffered in a sword fight with a younger relative.
    Authorities say Adolf Stegbauer died Monday, four days after an argument escalated into the fight with 39-year-old Christopher Rondeau.
    Police said Stegbauer's death had been ruled a homicide.
    Stegbauer's 77-year-old sister-in-law, Franziska, was fatally stabbed while trying to break up the fight.

You don't need a gun to kill someone. If someone has decided to kill another person they will always find a way.This just shows one of many ways to do it. Do you think we should ban all swords.?

Good point, Tom. I all can say is "wow". A family sword fight, I thought that only happened in medieval times, sheesh.
    God bless our troops!

Quote Originally Posted by crzy4guns View Post
    Good point, Tom. I all can say is "wow". A family sword fight, I thought that only happened in medieval times, sheesh.
    The more society deteriorates the closer we get to medieval ways.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

I guess its time to start pitching the sword control bill to congress.
    When in doubt empty the magazine.

"There is nothing so likely to produce peace as to be well prepared to meet the enemy." - George Washington

IDK, if you are going to have a duel, I think a sword fight has its merits.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

I got a news flash for you folks, If I'm not mistaken, either Ireland or Scotland (I think it was Ireland) banned all swords AND knives last year.

I believe you had to turn in your swords and long knives by a certain date, or the government was gong to come and confiscate them without compensation (how they were going to figure out who owned what? I got no clue)

Now you are carrying a knife, you must show "just cause"~~~like your a farmer or a warehouse worker or Rigger, or something like that.

IIRC some numbskull in Quebec, Canada tried to introduce legislation to ban ALL edged tools, including (of all things) Steak knives, fortunately he was laughed off the parliament floor
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

If the government is allowed to take our knives the next thing will be our guns and the next thing we know we will be like the English. We will become a bunch of controlled sheep.

Oh, but Tom - at least it wasn't a gun, so these deaths are ok! The Brady campaign applauds a world without guns!

Like I said there are a million ways to kill someone

Umm...I think the antis would have NO PROBLEM banning all swords, so...you should probably not use that as an example. Instead, dig up a case where someone was murdered with a 'non-weapon', say a toilet brush or an MP3 player.

uuum, I wonder how long it will be, before Little League player are going to have to register there bats
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

Story from the Peoples Republic of Madison, WI

"Two days after a Sun Prairie man is charged with killing his neighbor new details are released about what may have been going through his head.

He tells police he stabbed the man 4 times with a sword.

From calling an ambulance to the scene himself, to telling police he used a sword as the murder weapon, the case against 24 year old Zachary Schams continues to get more bizarre.

Friday Schams made his initial court appearance, mouthing I love you to family members who were in attendance.

A criminal complaint released Friday says Schams admitted to the killing and told police he had been planning it for more than a week.

He says Wednesday morning he woke up he began preparing to kill his neighbor, 31 year old Anthony Edlbeck.

He dressed in all black and made escape plans and plans to get rid of DNA evidence. He waited for Edlbeck to walk to his car.

When he did, Schams says he stabbed Edlbeck four times with a sword. The complaint also states the Schams refers to Edlbeck by the wrong name.

Public Defender Dennis Burke says, "The complaint can serve as a basis of finding of probable cause and that both parties would jointly move to have Mr. Schams evaluated for competency."

The judge set Schams cash bail at half a million dollars and ordered a mental competency exam be performed immediately.

At this point the biggest question, and one the criminal complaint didn't address, is why Schams decided to carry out the attack."

A patient of mine lives in the apartment complex where this happened. She says the "accused" claims the victim was "stealing his energy". OMG And the DEM governor of this state keeps vetoing the CC Law. He is a DICK!!!

Links