Pictures of Some of My Babies - Page 2

Pictures of Some of My Babies

This is a discussion on Pictures of Some of My Babies within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by 2edgesword I haven't had a chance to handle any Kershaw knives. Any recommendations? Your ZT 200 is a Kershaw, so you've already ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pictures of Some of My Babies

Quote Originally Posted by 2edgesword View Post
    I haven't had a chance to handle any Kershaw knives. Any recommendations?
    Your ZT 200 is a Kershaw, so you've already handled one.
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

Quote Originally Posted by Warmon View Post
    Your ZT 200 is a Kershaw, so you've already handled one.
    True

I have the Israeli Commando Knife with a blackened carbon steel blade and a leather wrapped handle, but it is too big for concealed carry. I think it may not be legal to carry either...not sure. :-(

Sheffield Knives
    Vince K
    Aerospace Designer, Freemason, NRA member

VIP Member
    Nice collection, I wish my state laws allowed my to carry a concealed knife.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by wolfshead View Post
    I have the Israeli Commando Knife with a blackened carbon steel blade and a leather wrapped handle, but it is too big for concealed carry. I think it may not be legal to carry either...not sure. :-(

Sheffield Knives
    It is illegal in Seattle, and I heard that Spokane also has laws that are more strict than State law.

Seattle Municipal Code

A. "Dangerous knife" means any fixed-blade knife and any other knife having a blade more than three and one-half inches (3 1/2") in length.

B. "Fixed-blade knife" means any knife, regardless of blade length, with a blade which is permanently open and does not fold, retract or slide into the handle of the knife, and includes any dagger, sword, bayonet, bolo knife, hatchet, axe, straight-edged razor, or razor blade not in a package, dispenser or shaving appliance.

Seattle Municipal Code

It is unlawful for a person knowingly to:

B. Carry concealed or unconcealed on his or her person any dangerous knife, or carry concealed on his or her person any deadly weapon other than a firearm; or

"Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

I haven't had a chance to handle any Kershaw knives. Any recommendations?
    I really like the kershaw spec bump and the speed bump

How do you like the XSF Micro? I'm considering this knife for SD carry.
    Thanks.

Administrator
    Party Pooper.

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Kustom View Post
    Nice collection, But it still reminds me of the old saying....

YouTube - Late shot
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by United93 View Post
    How do you like the XSF Micro? I'm considering this knife for SD carry.
    Thanks.
    Unfortunately it's illegal for carry in NY. The blade is sharpened on both sides. Having said that I saw a cutting demonstration with the knife into a pork roast. Significant damage with such a small knife.

How do you like the wave models? Does the pocket opening thingamabob really give you that much of an advantage or convenience over one handed opening?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Question everything, Learn something, Answer nothing.
    Those who have an answer for everything, have an answer for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by schwaa View Post
    How do you like the wave models? Does the pocket opening thingamabob really give you that much of an advantage or convenience over one handed opening?
    Yes, the pocket opening thingamabob does work :).

How much of an advantage it gives you versus other openings depends on how much time you put into practicing the various types of openings.

In addition the wave opening can be fouled so you really should have a secondary method of opening the knife should the wave opening get fouled up.

Now if you really want to get into technicalities if you draw the knife in standard grip using the wave it takes some backward pressure to activate the wave. That backward pressure tends to take the knife in a rearward direction away from your attacker (assuming the attacker is in front of you) and requires some time (fractions of a second) to reposition the knife. If you're practiced at inertial, marble-shoot or so other opening you can probably rival the speed of the wave opening because those openings don't take the knife in a rearward direction that requires repositioning.

Again, we're talking about fractions of a second and in the grand scheme of things may be a minor issue.

Unfortunately it's illegal for carry in NY. The blade is sharpened on both sides. Having said that I saw a cutting demonstration with the knife into a pork roast. Significant damage with such a small knife.
    Thanks. If I may, what's your overall impression of it? Is it a quality blade? Edge retention? Finish? Tip strength? Ergonomics? Sheath quality/practicality?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by United93 View Post
    Thanks. If I may, what's your overall impression of it? Is it a quality blade? Edge retention? Finish? Tip strength? Ergonomics? Sheath quality/practicality?

Thanks!
    My overall impression is that for someone with small hands looking for a neck knife it would be a good option (assuming legal to carry in your area).

The handle is small (approximately 4") so someone with large hands might find there is not enough of a handle to grip. I can get a good grip and there is a guard where your thumb and forefinger rest to allow for applying significant force when thrusting the knife while helping to prevent slipage onto the blade.

You have a upper and lower sharpened edge but what is unique about the blade is the blunt but sharpened "point". It's actually squared off and sharpen which is why its described as a "triple-edged" blade. It sliced and punctured through clothing easily and was able to create some nasty comma cuts.

Materials and workmanship (including Kydex sheath) are very good.
    Last edited by 2edgesword; June 26th, 2009 at 11:19 AM.

very nice collection!

My overall impression is that for someone with small hands looking for a neck knife it would be a good option (assuming legal to carry in your area).

The handle is small (approximately 4") so someone with large hands might find there is not enough of a handle to grip. I can get a good grip and there is a guard where your thumb and forefinger rest to allow for applying significant force when thrusting the knife while helping to prevent slipage onto the blade.

You have a upper and lower sharpened edge but what is unique about the blade is the blunt but sharpened "point". It's actually squared off and sharpen which is why its described as a "triple-edged" blade. It sliced and punctured through clothing easily and was able to create some nasty comma cuts.

Materials and workmanship (including Kydex sheath) are very good.
    Thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links