fox labs spray vs. sabre red sprays

This is a discussion on fox labs spray vs. sabre red sprays within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wanted to get the best self defense spray but i am stuck between fox labs and sabre red sprays do you have any takes ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fox labs spray vs. sabre red sprays

fox labs spray vs. sabre red sprays

I wanted to get the best self defense spray but i am stuck between fox labs and sabre red sprays do you have any takes on either or experience with one or the other. right now I have fox labs but have been hearing a lot about sabre and want to know if I should switch.

2. Remove Ads

I like Sabre just because the can I carry is a mix of CS Tear Gas, Pepper Spray, and UV dye. So something will affect the BG. And they are only 6 bucks at my local knife store.
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

You should TRY the stuff...whatever you buy.

Yes, buy one extra and try spraying it in the wind (which might just be the situation in the real world some day). I think that if you're going to carry spray, know how far it works, what the spray is like (fog, stream, etc.)...and with some wind around, you WILL get some in your eyes.
    Getting a little bit in your own eyes and knowing how it feels and what your are still able to do is a must.
    You don't want a little spray to hit you because of the wind and then have the BG take your gun away, do you?

Stay armed...it's a practice thing...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    You should TRY the stuff...whatever you buy.

Yes, buy one extra and try spraying it in the wind (which might just be the situation in the real world some day). I think that if you're going to carry spray, know how far it works, what the spray is like (fog, stream, etc.)...and with some wind around, you WILL get some in your eyes.
    Getting a little bit in your own eyes and knowing how it feels and what your are still able to do is a must.
    You don't want a little spray to hit you because of the wind and then have the BG take your gun away, do you?

Stay armed...it's a practice thing...stay safe!
    +1 What he said. I got several cans of it and yes, some got in my eyes and ended up having to throw away a new pair of contact lenses cause of that!
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

I got the Sabre Red with the Tear gas added.. thats
    what was in my gun store, so thats what I got.

It might be that fox is hotter? I wanted to get some
    of the mean green formula with fox.

I've used both and prefer the Fox Labs. Both are good products IMHO though.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

hot stuff

Personal Pepper Spray at CopsPlus. Check out that Guardian brand "Hipower" OC. It's like 3 million scoville heating units!! if you can order that from copsplus i'd say that would be what you need!
    If you can read this thank a teacher. If it is written in English thank a Marine.

Administrator
    If you're thinking about FoxLabs then go with the spray made by DPS.
    Same formulation as FoxLabs but, loaded to a slightly higher pressure for 5' greater effective range. Just FYI.

VIP Member
    These actually look fairly convenient but they’re all on a charm-bracelet format. Is the Kimber “Pepper Blaster” too big for practical carry? I watched the video and it appears to be far more effective at distance and maybe less likely to blowback. At 40-bucks I’ve considered it for my female friend.
    Regards,

http://www.pepperblaster.com/
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Being a LEO and being sprayed numerous times, I will tell you FOX Labs is the hottest stuff out there. Get Fox. Heres a link for you it has FOX, SABRE and DEFENSE TEC brands. Fox Pepper Spray, Fox Labs Pepper Spray

FOX comes in a fogger pattern and SABRE comes in a stream pattern. IMHO the fogger is better. The NYPD carries SABRE red and federal agencies carry FOX.
    One more step and it's on!

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    I am sure some will disagree here, but I keep Fox spray and when I have tested it I always get some in my eyes no matter how hard I try not to. I may be especially succeptible to OC, but I would likely be in as bad a shape as the BG.
    Accordingly, I mostly carry the foam. Now I know some will say that the BG will scrape it off and throw it back at you.

I have a friend who is a reserve LEO and had to spray three men who were drunk and were going to beat him and throw him in the lake. He gave each a shot of the foam, and all three collapsed when they were hit.

I won't argue with those of you who have had the prisoner throw foam back at you, but I am not going to risk getting the wind blowing the spray back on me, and disabling me.

There is always the chance that the BG can ignore the spray too. I saw on TV an instance where a deputy sheriff was sprayed and it did not seem to affect him at all.

Regards,
    Jerry

I buy fox and would carry both. Fox comes in stream, cone fog and foam.
    “We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm” - George Orwell

Senior Moderator
    I hate all of it. It all hurts. It all makes it hard to see.

I used to carry Punch II until we got Tasers and went with Sabre which is non flammable.

I havent seen either one not work well yet. Everytime someone gets sprayed, somehow I get some of it. Even transporting people that have been sprayed is no fun, no matter if you never even touch them, you will still feel the effects.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I to like the Fox Labs 5.3, in a 2oz cone pattern, flip-top ..though I wouldn't whine to much if I could only get something like Sabre Red or Freeze+P

The cone pattern(more wind resistant than a true fog) makes it easier to hit your target on the move(like a shotgun pattern) or while using lateral movement to get the wind a little more in your favor ;) ..the more atomized the stream the quicker it takes full effect, also the more it affects the respiratory system(not just skin and eyes) ..is partly why Bear spray is always a Fog, that and can create a lingering barrier trailing between you and the animal

Here's some video examples of both Fox labs 5.3 and Sabre Red sprays..
    YouTube - pwned by Fox labs pepper spray oc 5.3 million scoville units
    YouTube - Pepper Spray
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJn1F...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkqlh...eature=related

This place includes a well made nylon holster with a good steel clip for like $4 extra that is definitely worth it...
    Fox Labs Pepper Spray, Hottest & Best
    For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Mark 8:36

DCT
    Feedback from local LEO's and instructors locally all agreed - Fox is the way to go. I haven't yet had the guts to test it and bear the consequences. I don't debate that I should .. but it's one of those easy things to put off if ya know what I mean!

I also have a Kimber Pepper blaster that I carry when cycling. The size is fine for cycling and maybe carry during cooler months where it could be carried in a jacket pocket. Otherwise I personally consider it to be a bit large for convenient carry in jeans etc ... It has a clip one could consider using to attach it to your pants .. but I'm certain I'd drop it almost immediately and it's to darn expensive not to mention dangerous in the wrong hands (kids) to not have it secured properly. Fox makes a very nice small unit that my wife really likes as it's small enough to not generate an excuse to not carry it.
    ** Sig P229 (9mm / .40) w/ CT / Walther PPS / Glock 27 / Kimber CDP Pro II **

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links