Ka Bar TDI

This is a discussion on Ka Bar TDI within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ive been looking at these little jewels for awhile and after talking to my buddy who carries one at our local pd i decided to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ka Bar TDI

Ka Bar TDI

ive been looking at these little jewels for awhile and after talking to my buddy who carries one at our local pd i decided to get one, just a black smooth edge leo model, anyone here have any dealings with the TDI?
    U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

2. Remove Ads

"Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

I have the KA BAR TDI 1477 (tan)...great little SD knife.

Special Note: When you first get one, have a box of bandaids on hand.

Stay armed...be a slice above the rest...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have one. Very, very, very sharp. Think it was designed for the purpose of weapons retention. I believe it is sharp enough to remove fingers.

I got one of these beauties when they first came out. I searched ebay as soon as i heard of them and snagged one for 30 bucks buy it now. Great deal for a great knife. It goes everywhere. Plain edge all black . I too have needed many a bandage with that knife.

well i just got some bandages lol, i heard they were pretty sharp, i figured i would hook it on my underbelt beneath my duty belt and give it a spin
    U/315
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

I bought the small one and the large one.

The small one comes with a great fixed sheath that threads on a belt and stays in place nicely.

The large one comes with such a crappy and loose sheath that I never wear it.

I regret buying the large one, but I wear the small one every single day. I position it on my belt so I have access to it with either hand. I expect to wear one of these for the duration. They can be used with great emphasis to get someone off of you if needed.

I especially like the fact that it can be used by my non-dominant hand without having to be proficient in opening it with my non-dominant hand.

If needed, just grab and engage immediately.

Wear on my inner belt for work. Probably about 8 of us do. Some guys complain about it rubbing wrong, others do not. I'm saying a protective layer of fat helps with this knife.
    G27
    Rossi 461 357
    Ruger LCP
    Springfield XDm 9mm
    SIG P220 (work)

I got one about a 3-4 weeks ago. Best friend (SHE rocks) knew I had been wanting one. I absolutely love it! For the first couple days it kinda "rubbed me wrong", but once I got use to having it there I don't notice it at all! I have been keeping it at about 7 o'clock. I can reach it with both hands and find it quite convenient back there.

I have rather large hands (not fat fingers..yet). I was concerned that the handle would be too small. Yes it is smallish, but it's very easy to get a great grip on.

I'm very pleased with mine.

well i just picked my tdi 1480 up today and i love it, i might also add that it is extremely sharp. i also didnt know that it came with the clip holder too which is pretty cool, anyways heres some pics.

U/315
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor

I also added the small one about a year ago to my EDC. Stays tucked away via the clip onto my belt. Very handy if needed. So small that it has never been a burden to have on me.

I carry two TDIs in Shawn's Tactical, horizontal teck-lok sheaths.
    Carried at 12:00 (or close to it) I can access with either hand.

I have the 1480 and carry it all the time. Could be a nasty little surprise for anyone trying to seize your handgun or otherwise grab you or engage you in a close quarter death struggle. The TDI is very easy to get into service quickly. I worked the blade on mine with my Arkansas Oil Stone and finished it with a leather strop. You could shave with it.

VIP Member
    On my duty belt I wear my spare mags left side appendix area (I know the appendix is on the right side, I'm just saying....so no medical corrections needed)
    My TDI sits behind mag pouch attached on my inner belt so I can reach it easily with either hand. Its comfortable to me. Fortunately I haven't had to use it for its intended purpose yet.
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

I have both the large and the small version. both are great knoves but the mounting option on the large is a joke. you guys know the belt clip mounts to the large sheath as well right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links