Benchmade folders - Page 2

Benchmade folders

This is a discussion on Benchmade folders within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've got a Benchmade auto opener in my pocket right now. I have two of them and carry one of the other every day. The ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've got a Benchmade auto opener in my pocket right now. I have two of them and carry one of the other every day.

The only down fall I see in them is they do not stay sharp. But they are easy to sharpen

I'm sure you will enjoy yours.

VIP Member
    I want a Benchmade, may be my next knife purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by zackattack78 View Post
    I agree with sixto. Benchmades have to be the highest quality mass produced knives out there. My edc is a Benchmade Griptilian. I LOVE that knife, I feel naked without it. You won't be disappointed with a benchmade.

I agree 100%.

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Benchmade makes fine knives. I carry a 710. I don't know that I think they're the finest knifemakers around (production), because Spyderco, Emerson, and Kershaw are making great knives, too.

Grand Prairie Knives and New Graham usually have the best prices on Benchmades.

I have carried Benchmade Knives for the last fifteen years and believe it or not I still have 12 of them.

I carry a Benchmade Stryker 9100. I kinda hate that it gets scuffed somewhat but decided it was for carry, not the drawer. Solid as a rock and opens with absolute authority. I regularly clean it with Gunzilla and it just gets stronger and stronger.

I have a number of Benchmades and a couple HK's (made by Benchmade). The one I keep going back to is my 710 with no serrations. I'm thinking of selling off the Benchmade Gravitator and the HK to buy an Emerson CQC-8.

I've hit my monthly allowance on guns, ammo, etc., so I can only sell off to acquire new!!

Oh, I forgot to mention - I carried a Presidio Auto for a couple years, along with a mini Presidio (non-auto) and an Auto Stryker. The reason I went back to the 710 and some of the others is that the aluminum handles showed wear pretty quickly. I don't mind the black on the blades wearing, but I don't like the black on the handles wearing.

So, I stay away from aluminum handles and I also stay away from autos now. Been hooked on Emersons for a while now, too, but Benchmades are my EDC. The 710 is G10, a 3.9" blade and very thin.

I live in Corpus Christi and Mike Snody's shop was about 10 minutes away from my house. So, that's why I ended up with so many of his designs. Very thick, but very, very solid knives. The two I'll be selling I bought from his shop. I hate to part with them, but it's time for the CQC-8!
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

I've got a Mini-Stryker that's perfect for casual carry and one of the old Emerson collaborations, CQC7. Both are wonderful, well made and comfortable to use, had them about fifteen years. I used the Mini-Stryer hard on one project and it did get dull. I sent it back to Benchmade and they put a shaving sharp edge back on it for $5.00. Had it back in about a week.

I've carried a Benchmade 520 for years. Only thing I didn't really care for was the aluminum scale texture ate up my pockets quite a bit. I recently switched to their 950 and plan on using this on for the next few years. I got lucky and scored one of the carbon fiber handled ones

950-801 :: RIFT_801_b.jpg picture by GMArthur - Photobucket

Carried a Benchmade auto for somewhat over 10 years and, to be frank, have abused the poor thing. Used it on the farm; used it in the field; and used it in the shop for any task that came along.

I looks like heck but maintains a crazy sharp edge.

Still a great knife and I see no replacement for it in the near future.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links