1st 'Stab-Proof' Knife introduced in UK

This is a discussion on 1st 'Stab-Proof' Knife introduced in UK within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; First 'Stab-Proof' Knife to Go on Sale in the U.K. - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1st 'Stab-Proof' Knife introduced in UK

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar

First 'Stab-Proof' Knife to Go on Sale in the U.K. - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News - FOXNews.com

First 'Stab-Proof' Knife to Go on Sale in the U.K.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The first "anti-stab" knife is set to hit store shelves in the U.K., designed to work as normal in the kitchen but ineffective as a weapon.

The knife has a rounded edge instead of a point and will snag on clothing and skin to make it more difficult to stab someone.

It was invented by industrial designer John Cornock, who was inspired by a documentary in which doctors advocated banning traditional knives.

Cornock, 42, from Swindon. England, said that the knife will cut vegetables, but will make it almost impossible to stab someone to death and will reduce the risk of accidental injuries.

"It can never be a totally safe knife, but the idea is you can’t inflict a fatal wound," he said. "Nobody could just grab one out of the kitchen drawer and kill someone."
    For more on the story from the London Times:
    First 'anti-stab' knife to go on sale in Britain - Times Online

There is a photo available of the knives but I am having difficulty getting it to post in the thread
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

So instead of bleeding to death from stab wounds, you'd probably die from blunt force trauma.

Like the saying goes, there's a reason they put those people on an island...
    A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves. --E. Murrow
    Pro-2A, anti-NRA, GOA life member, JPFO

uhhhhh
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    There is no smiley to describe my reaction.
    *Slams head repeatedly into desk*
    Thank you for making my brain hurt so bad a concussion eases it.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by TerriLi View Post
    There is no smiley to describe my reaction.
    *Slams head repeatedly into desk*
    Thank you for making my brain hurt so bad a concussion eases it.
    I think you are refering to this one?:

"Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Doubt it would prevent anyone from doing evil if they so desire, straight razor doesn't stab, but can still be pretty damn fearsome in unfriendly hands...

Nick
    Retired FBOP
    NRA Life member

Quote Originally Posted by nikdfish View Post
    Doubt it would prevent anyone from doing evil if they so desire, straight razor doesn't stab, but can still be pretty damn fearsome in unfriendly hands...

Nick
    No kidding - what's next, ban grinding wheels so the bad guys can't just grind a point back on the knife? People make knives out of anything they can find in prisons so I don't see how this 'technology' is going to save any lives in the UK.

Who is John Galt?

I would simply go throw up in the grass, but someone might deem that as dangerous and then try to find a way to ban public vomiting.

Let's see, what's next.

Pens/pencils that break away when too much force is applied vertically.

Hammers with soft air filled heads, that squeak when too much force is applied.

Forks that have a cork on the end, much like in "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels".

Rocks that melt or turn to sponge consistency when too much force is exerted, such as a hammering or throwing scenario

Dear Lord, grant me the strength to not simply slap someone silly when they actually suggest stupid things like this.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

The Brits are getting way too pathetic.
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

Sharp enough to cut kitchen meats and slice vegetable skins, but with no point it is thus "stab-proof"...even as it does have a point at it's end.
    Meanwhile cutting of arteries and slicing as in a slash continue to confound these people.

- Michael Myers uses a screwdriver to stab people too
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    The Brits just found a new way to become even more wussified!

A guy I know just got back from a semester abroad.... He was in France which has stripped just as many liberties of its citizens as the UK. long story short he was invoved in an argument in a night club that ended with a friend of his being stabbed with a screw driver. If there is a will there is a way. Whats next making the local handy man register with the local police and issue FHWLs(Federal Hardware Licenses).
    God invented cops so that firemen could have heroes too!

I am thinking with enough force you could stab someone with one.

We discussed this in my criminology class, I had to comment on it and it opened up the discussion. My thoughts were if they eliminated all points on all of the knives in England the stabbings would be greatly reduced. The slashings would be greatly increased. Get rid of the guns, people get stabbed, get rig of the knives people get clubbed, get rid of the clubs people get stoned, get rid of the stones people get beaten to death with fists and feet. It is not the weapon it is the person. It has always been the person and it will always be the person and his wicked ways. I do believe if law abiding citizens over there could carry pistols the incidents of stabbings would be reduced. A few would be offenders take two to the chest and the rest may rethink how badly they want to stab someone. Great subject for a Criminology class.
    Kel-Tec P-11, Supertuck Deluxe, Wilderness Tactical Original Instructor's Belt

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links