Tops Rangers Edge

Tops Rangers Edge

This is a discussion on Tops Rangers Edge within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I did search,but to no avail.Anyone have a Tops Rangers Edge in their collection?If so would you post something about it? I have gone ahead ...

Thread: Tops Rangers Edge

Tops Rangers Edge

I did search,but to no avail.Anyone have a Tops Rangers Edge in their collection?If so would you post something about it? I have gone ahead with an order of one.For me it would be a carry on the job Defensive tool. Thanks,Carry ok.
    Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Yes,

those.I ordered one,but just cannot find any thing by way of a 'review'.I was thinking someone might have one in their collection,and would care to critique it.
    Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

I've handled them quite a bit, just never bought one. They are far superior in steel and edge to the classic Gerber MkII. I'm not sure if they still have the pry-tip on the butt, but that was my only dissatisfaction- it gets in the way of capping, and the grip isn't long enough to make real prying both safe and effective.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Rob72 View Post
    I've handled them quite a bit, just never bought one. They are far superior in steel and edge to the classic Gerber MkII. I'm not sure if they still have the pry-tip on the butt, but that was my only dissatisfaction- it gets in the way of capping, and the grip isn't long enough to make real prying both safe and effective.
    Rob,I really want it strictly for wearing on shift at work,specifically night,and graveyard shifts.I have to go into risky areas to do my job.I thought it looked a kickbutt additional device for defense after my carry firearm.

TOP's have always seemed overpriced to me for what you get.I would also personally prefer a more utility style knife I like R.A.T
    get the RC5 RAT Cutlery Co.
    or RC4 RAT Cutlery Co.

Can't disagree...

Quote Originally Posted by Chiller2 View Post
    TOP's have always seemed overpriced to me for what you get.I would also personally prefer a more utility style knife I like R.A.T
    get the RC5 RAT Cutlery Co.
    or RC4 RAT Cutlery Co.
    as to the steepness of the price.Part of my decision to buy was the 'made in America' stamp.But I got a lower price than all others I have seen on the 'net' at Knife Trek.

RAT is also made in the USA but all that count is that you are happy with your purchase

I've never really heard anything bad about TOPS and the RAT Cutlery stuff is good also. You might also consider something from Ranger Knives http://www.rangerknives.com/
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

True,

Quote Originally Posted by Chiller2 View Post
    RAT is also made in the USA but all that count is that you are happy with your purchase
    but I will not know that for a few days,yet.It ships Thursday.

Kenpo,

thanks for the link.

I have had one for about 3 years now. It is a great knife, stands up to use very well. I have been impressed with how well it holds an edge. It is heavy for its size if you are going to carry it for any length of time. I do not like the sheath it came in due to the rubber retention strap, and the clip is ok but not great. I would definitely recommend a different sheath.

Thanks,RSB,

Quote Originally Posted by rsb319 View Post
    I have had one for about 3 years now. It is a great knife, stands up to use very well. I have been impressed with how well it holds an edge. It is heavy for its size if you are going to carry it for any length of time. I do not like the sheath it came in due to the rubber retention strap, and the clip is ok but not great. I would definitely recommend a different sheath.
    I ordered it from Knifetrek.The ad says it comes with 'plain nylon sheath'.I'm not sure if that is the one you refer to.The TOPS site lists a kydex sheath with it when ordered from that site.I will probably see about getrting the kydex.Thanks for the input.

Links