Wasp & hornet spray - Page 2

Wasp & hornet spray

This is a discussion on Wasp & hornet spray within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by light After reading the following post elsewhere, I'm curious now. Read it on SNOPES? How about ABC news story...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Wasp & hornet spray

Quote Originally Posted by light View Post
    After reading the following post elsewhere, I'm curious now.
    Read it on SNOPES?

How about ABC news story
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crzy4guns View Post
    Seriously, this just might be the ticket for those urban areas where pepper spray and Mace are banned (Chicago?, New York?, L.A.?).
    LA doesn't ban pepper spray.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Im working as an exterminator right now, one thing to consider is that all pesticides that I have ever looked at have warning labels that it is a violation of federal law to use it in a manner inconsistent with its labeling. Kind of dumb but the potential is there for problems in todays society.

On a different note, guess what the best thing for bees wasps and anything of the sort is?????? Plain ol' dish soap and water. Mix a little in a spray bottle and spray the hive and they dont even get mad. Just fall down dead on the spot. Somehow the soap allows the water to be absorbed straight into their bodies versus plain water and they drown almost instantly. Pretty cool!!

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    How about Gun Scrub cleaner....?
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Pistology View Post
    LA doesn't ban pepper spray.
    Good, and I am surprised as Los Angeles is in the state of Kalifornia.
    God bless our troops!

Quote Originally Posted by hudsonvalley View Post
    How about Gun Scrub cleaner....?
    Yeah, TCE will take the "oomph" out of someone. It's even flammable...

Wasp spray: check local laws or lose your CCW

Ran this by a friend in the Michigan State Police…
    Wasp spray can be lethal.
    It’s illegal to carry wasp spray as a “Self Defense Spray” in Michigan. If used, even in self defense, you will be charged at the least with a “misdemeanor, punishable by imprisonment for not more than 2 years, or a fine of not more than $2,000.00, or both.” or a maximum of (depending upon the circumstances) felony murder.
    The only legal form of “Self Defense Spray” in Michigan is outlined by state law; THE MICHIGAN PENAL CODE (EXCERPT) Act 328 of 193, Section 750.224d:

Michigan Legislature - Section 750.224d

According to my friend, carrying wasp spray or mace as a "Self Defense Spray" can also lead to revocation of your CCW in Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by RLS913 View Post
    Wasp spray can be lethal.
    Read a State AG with an agenda. If one has severe, chronic "acute respiratory distress syndrome", OC/Mace can theoretically be lethal. Lethality is not best determined by studying the effects of materials being abused as inhalant intoxicants.

Not downplaying the "potential legal consequences", just a note to evaluate that legislative statement with a bit of reality

Quote Originally Posted by TerriLi View Post
    I've had that stuff in my eyes. It burns like heck, not as bad or as long as mace though. Go with mace, because mace works on me.
    To clarify I went through the tear gas chamber and literally was unaffected, I thought it was some kind of big joke till I looked at the other guys, nope it just doesn't affect me.
    I was our unit's NBC NCO and ran our gas chamber exercises without using a mask myself. The stuff just didn't affect me much. Newbies made a lot of assumptions based on that, and were very "surprised"

Quote Originally Posted by light View Post
    I did a search here & found only a couple references to using Wasp & Hornet Spray as a defense tool.
    After reading the following post elsewhere, I'm curious now.
    Anyone herd of actual results of this stuff in the eyes? Probably not much testing going on

"I have a friend who is a receptionist in a church in a high risk area who was concerned about someone coming into the office on Monday to rob them when they were counting the collection. She asked the local police department about using pepper spray and they recommended to her that she get a can of wasp spray instead. The wasp spray, they told her, can shoot up to twenty feet away and is a lot more accurate, while with the pepper spray they have to get too close to you and could overpower you. The wasp spray temporarily blinds an attacker until they get to the hospital for an antidote. She keeps a can on her desk in the office and it doesn't attract attention from people like a can of pepper spray would.. She also keeps one nearby at home for home protection. Thought this was interesting and might be of use..."
    What if it blinds the BG's and they sue you? I still would stick to good old fashion OC as it's intended for self defense.

If you have encompassing castle doctrine law, you are free from liabilities from the criminal or the criminal's family within reason - provided you were engaged in legitimate, verified self defense. Of course, unfortunately many places do not allow such actions for law-abiding citizens, so you're certainly right to be concerned in those places.

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    I use this stuff and it shoots a powerful stream over 20 feet. It is 1 shot 1 kill product. Worth every penny.

Bee Bopper Wasp and Hornet Spray

Starting to sound like something that could be used mainly if it was the best thing you happened to have on hand when not feeling the need to go so far as using a gun... say in your yard.

I'm a whimp. I really, really, really, really hate stinging insects anyway. Almost more than an intruder. They really make me super nervous.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links