Buck Omni Knives

This is a discussion on Buck Omni Knives within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What are your guys input on carrying the Buck Omni Hunter knives. I like the design and the curve of the knife....

Thread: Buck Omni Knives

Buck Omni Knives

What are your guys input on carrying the Buck Omni Hunter knives. I like the design and the curve of the knife.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array psychophipps's Avatar
    Looks like a decent enough knife. It's certainly not the latest and greatest from the tacticool knife guys but I'm sure that it'll get the job done for a cheap price. Buck has always made a decent blade for a great price.

Please include pics!

Looks like a decent knife. I'd carry it.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cbp210 View Post
    What are your guys input on carrying the Buck Omni Hunter knives. I like the design and the curve of the knife.
    ALL Buck Knives are very good. If I was hunting in cold Alaska I think I would want a 12 pt. Buck with a rubberized grip. The Omni Series is less expensive and good for some hunters but not the ideal choice for your part of the country.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

I held one at wal mart a few weeks ago and I honestly didn't care for it, no ambi thumb stud and it as large as the picture made it look.. it felt small, but at the same time was too bulky feeling for pocket carry. Since it has no pocket clip you'll likely be using the sheath on your belt which isn't bad but will probably take some getting used to if you don't already carry a belt knife. It also wasn't very sharp... though easily fixed a brand new knife should be sharp enough to slice a chunk of finger off in a single swipe and finally... the lockup was very loose.. probably not a problem they all have but the one I held felt like it would collapse if you used it for anything more than cutting string... lots of side to side and front to back play...

Quote Originally Posted by Czampion View Post
    Please include pics!

Looks like a decent knife. I'd carry it.
    Yes, that is the design but mine is camo.

Quote Originally Posted by SIGP250 View Post
    ALL Buck Knives are very good. If I was hunting in cold Alaska I think I would want a 12 pt. Buck with a rubberized grip. The Omni Series is less expensive and good for some hunters but not the ideal choice for your part of the country.
    Why would you say that it is not an ideal choice? I am curious because I am considering carrying this knife and would like to know any info or recommendation.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cbp210 View Post
    Why would you say that it is not an ideal choice? I am curious because I am considering carrying this knife and would like to know any info or recommendation.
    I prefer a larger knife with a rubberized grip rather than polymer plastic in cold climates. Buck makes other Knives that might meet your needs better than the Omni series.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Links