Pimped SubClaws by potterma

Pimped SubClaws by potterma

This is a discussion on Pimped SubClaws by potterma within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Aloha ALL, Long overdue thank you to potterma for making me and Mrs. Daywalker these matching Fibermascus scales for our SubClaws!!! When I first saw ...

Thumbs up Pimped SubClaws by potterma

Aloha ALL,

Long overdue thank you to potterma for making me and Mrs. Daywalker these matching Fibermascus scales for our SubClaws!!!

When I first saw potterma's interpretation of the use of this material, I was floored. I mean, I pretty much always get floored when I see his work, but this one for some reason just "got to me". So I asked for a set for my wife and I and he delivered! Now, these scales can be placed on any of my SUBCOM Folder/Variants, but my wife and I decided on the SubClaw since it is our favorite SFV.

BTW, mine is the black and green one!

God bless you potterma and keep up the great work!
    "...at least believe upon the miracles themselves...
    And I will do whatever you ask in my Name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father" - Jesus.

Very cool looking knives...

(Interesting site, I might add.)
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; July 4th, 2009 at 03:40 AM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Very cool looking knives...
    Mahalo retsup99,

Yeah, they are even "cooler" with these custom scales. The SubClaw is a great lil' knife that uh...can get the job done.

God bless and thanks for checking them out!
    "...at least believe upon the miracles themselves...
    And I will do whatever you ask in my Name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father" - Jesus.

I EDC a Subclaw as well, great knife. Definitely made sexier by the addition of the scales.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

nice....they used these in the 1st Bourne Identity. The assasin uses them in the Paris apartment. I am out of touch with the new knife laws...so I must ask: are these legal? I have kept my Israeli commando knife in my safe. :-(

These remind me of The Bagh Nakh, or Tiger's Claw◊, was developed in India for self-defense and used by the first Maratha Emperor Shivaji...

Vince K
    Aerospace Designer, Freemason, NRA member

Cool...He definitely does nice work. I enjoy browsing the "pimp my knife" threads on USN to see all the cool stuff guys are doing to "individualize" the factory knives.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Potterma does an excellent job, no doubt about that. What I like most about the pimped out versions is it adds to the hidden right out in the open appeal the SubCom has for me. Even if the assailant sees it, they see a cute little knife with no idea what a truly deadly self defense weapon it really is.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Sweet, those are nice.
    Never argue with idiots - they'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Thumbs up

Looks Good!
    For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Mark 8:36

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Nice, cool....Forget that! Those are MEAN looking! Remind me not to sneak up on the Daywalkers.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Wow, that must be new. Have to admit I had "no idea" what a subclaw was and had to check out of curiosity. Seems to be a varient of the flat version someone made a few yrs ago that you could fit in your wallet. Like this version
    much better. Awesome design. Remember the old hawk billed knives and carpet cutter styles. Think that a lady named Gracilla Cracillus Boggs (???) was
    one of first to adopt the "claw" into a mean self-defense blade. The rakers that Wolfshead posted reminded me of the old palm claws that "ninjas" use to climb up a wall with. Out of curiosity, just how "thick" is that the Subclaw? Does it have a pocket clip? I live withing few minutes from Smoky Mtn Knifeworks (they have almost everything known to man and unbelievable displays) and might want to take a drive to check this one out.

Quote Originally Posted by PastorPack View Post
    Nice, cool....Forget that! Those are MEAN looking! Remind me not to sneak up on the Daywalkers.
    10/4 on that.If you ever see they guy you won't need reminding. Chad makes his living whipping convict butt and it shows he is built like an ape.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsmoke16 View Post
    Wow, that must be new. Have to admit I had "no idea" what a subclaw was and had to check out of curiosity.
    The SubCom series knives by Chad Los Banos AKA DayWalker have been around for a little while. I too just discovered them a short while back. They are available in several blade styles as can be seen at Boker Knives by Chad Los Banos I posted a review of mine at Tiny Boker Poker. There was alot of great input on that thread including links to some excellent SD demos using the SubClaw. IMO the design is nothing short of brilliant making it the only little knife I have ever considered as a viable SD weapon. I EDC mine as a money clip. While it is not my primary weapon of choice I have no doubt when all else fails my SubCom will show the bad guy his guts long before he see's my cash in his hands.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Links