What else do you carry? - Page 2

What else do you carry?

This is a discussion on What else do you carry? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yeah, Ex, I hadn't considered that. I carry 2 speed loaders and also a Schrade Tough on my belt. I noticed a couple of people ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    VIP Member
    Yeah, Ex, I hadn't considered that. I carry 2 speed loaders and also a Schrade Tough on my belt.

I noticed a couple of people carry cell phones. A word of advice about those, (Just for info, my day job is as a supervisor for a 911 center), and it's something that should come as a practiced habit for most of the people here... you have to know where you are for those to be effective. Many, many, smaller communities across the country can't get your location from the cell phone call, many of the smaller cell service providers, and many of the older cell phones don't have the capability to provide this to the 911 dispatchers when the call center is able to receive it. And, on top of that, lots of the information that comes into the center has a large "uncertainty" factor, which means it will give a lat/long and say that you are within "100 meters" or more (I see several hundred meters frequently) of the dot on the map. When in an urban area, that isn't much help. The main point is, for the cell phone to be effective, you must know your location! Be sure to make that a part of knowing your surroundings, especially in an unfamiliar place.

OK, I feel better. Didn't mean to be the lecturer. File it in the back of your head under the "knowing how to use your tools" departement.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

On duty i got the bat belt with oc, asp, & all the other fine toys.

I always have some kind of S&W SWAT knife (i have a few varieties) aloong with a cell. Then sometimes my TDI knife, sometimes my S&W HRT boot knife along with whichever firearm i take for the day, depends on what kind of mood im in.

Springfield Armory XD45 and a SOG Pentagon Elite
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

Quote Originally Posted by CopperKnight
    When in an urban area, that isn't much help. The main point is, for the cell phone to be effective, you must know your location! Be sure to make that a part of knowing your surroundings, especially in an unfamiliar place.

OK, I feel better. Didn't mean to be the lecturer. File it in the back of your head under the "knowing how to use your tools" departement.
    Understood - its good info and a great reminder!

I also carry my Cold Steel Recon 1 and I also wear a custom neck knife.I also have a Cold Steel cane that I bring along when we go to the fair or into the city.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Always-
    Glock 17 w/ spare mag
    Spyderco Delica-waved
    Smith & Wesson ExtremeOps Knife-nice neutral coffin handle style
    Photon II on bead chain around neck

When it's dark and scary-
    Surefire 6P, G2 or Inova X5
    Seek safety at the heart of danger.

Live Easy, Die Hard

Along with my primary, I carry a Benchmade Griptilian straight blade, at least one reload, and Streamlight NF-2.
    I'll be your Huckleberry!! I have two guns! One for each of you!

I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six!

Senior Moderator
    Emerson Commander in right front pants pocket; Strider/Buck/Tarani folder in right rear pants pocket, Surefire L2 in left front pants pocket, cell phone in right vest pocket, reading glasses in shirt pocket, a red pen and a black pen, and anywhere from 0 - $2.00 worth of change. Potassium Chloride in a small container in my right cargo pocket.

Sometimes I carry my Emerson Karambit instead of the Strider/Buck/Tarani and sometimes a small LED light in my right front pocket.

If I'm going out of town, in addition to the above, I carry a Gladius in a pouch on my belt, a spare mag on my belt, and one or two more in my "bag". Oh, yeah, and cordage/rope of some kind, a few old towels and a half a dozen gun magazines (the reading kind) in the car.

Hmmm, I need to start carrying a lighter with me again.

my stuff

what i carry depends on where i'm going. everyday carry includes: my HAK straight, my emerson karambit, an aluminum kubotan and a tiny fixed blade atnto on my keys, and a spyderco rescue 9.3 mm. in my van, i keep a cold steel frontier hawk, an grizzly bear spray (hey, if it works for bears...).

if i'm gonna be in the woods, the hawk and spray come with me, along with a mini gurkha from cold steel.

and, finally, in the city, i include a colt .45 compact, and a microtech h.a.l.o II.

before i forget, i also carry a towel. you don't want to get caught in the middle of the galaxy without your towel.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72
    before i forget, i also carry a towel. you don't want to get caught in the middle of the galaxy without your towel.
    Wow, jah, that brings back memories. It's been a long time since I've thought of that book. Isn't it going to be a movie soon?
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Quote Originally Posted by CopperKnight
    Wow, jah, that brings back memories. It's been a long time since I've thought of that book. Isn't it going to be a movie soon?
    Been a movie for about a year. :D
    This is a pretty normal EDC for me, plus keys, and I don't always carry the fixed blade.
    "Its better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it"
    E Pluribus Unum

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle
    Emerson Commander in right front pants pocket; Strider/Buck/Tarani folder in right rear pants pocket, Surefire L2 in left front pants pocket, cell phone in right vest pocket, reading glasses in shirt pocket, a red pen and a black pen, and anywhere from 0 - $2.00 worth of change. Potassium Chloride in a small container in my right cargo pocket.

Sometimes I carry my Emerson Karambit instead of the Strider/Buck/Tarani and sometimes a small LED light in my right front pocket.

If I'm going out of town, in addition to the above, I carry a Gladius in a pouch on my belt, a spare mag on my belt, and one or two more in my "bag". Oh, yeah, and cordage/rope of some kind, a few old towels and a half a dozen gun magazines (the reading kind) in the car.

Hmmm, I need to start carrying a lighter with me again.

OK Tangle, where are the sterile "Handiwipes"? What about the Betadine? Where's your chainsaw? Huh? Huh huh huh? Aren't you prepared?

Actually -Your list makes me think about what I carry - you're on top of it, it appears.... Thanks for getting my noodle going...

VIP Member
    I carry at least one spare magazine to reload whatever gun I'm carrying. I back all of that up with one or two "primary" flashlights (Surefire 6P w/ a P61 lamp or G2 Nitrolon, or Digilight 1000XB-LE); two or three keychain lights (DigiLight PIS-104 White, Streamlight Key-Mate and one or two cheapie red squeeze lights); one or two knives (Spyderco Endura or other knives I own); a charged cell phone; compass; area folding maps; PDA (with important numbers such as the non-emergency PD/SO numbers, FBI Field Office/resident agencies, local FDLE offices, etc.); a tac vest (if I'm in my g-ride); pens, etc.; money; and cuffs.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

I guess I'm a light weight. I carry Sabre Red strong front, a Kershaw tactical blur weak front, and a blur weak back. I'm still deciding what kind of light I want to pack...
    "Never turn your back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half. Never run away from anything. Never!"
    -- Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links