What else do you carry?

This is a discussion on What else do you carry? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Let's see here, as for the extra carry items. 1 spare mag., 1 Gladius flashlight, 2 HAKs, Hinder/ Ma folding Karambit, Coogler Wrath Karambit, Benchmade ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What else do you carry?

Let's see here, as for the extra carry items. 1 spare mag., 1 Gladius flashlight, 2 HAKs, Hinder/ Ma folding Karambit, Coogler Wrath Karambit, Benchmade 630, Coogler BF claw and a Perrin tri flipper.

Hey, what can I say I'm a knife guy

Brian

2. Remove Ads

what is that?

Quote Originally Posted by 1Zach1
    Been a movie for about a year. :D
    This is a pretty normal EDC for me, plus keys, and I don't always carry the fixed blade.

that fixed blade begs for attention...what in the world is it called, and who designed it? it looks like it's wicked on the drawstroke.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock
    OK Tangle, where are the sterile "Handiwipes"? What about the Betadine? Where's your chainsaw? Huh? Huh huh huh? Aren't you prepared?

Actually -Your list makes me think about what I carry - you're on top of it, it appears.... Thanks for getting my noodle going...
    Hmmm, ...chain saw...what if a tree fell across the road? Oh I know! I need to be sure I have my Leatherman Wave on me; it's got a saw blade. I need to carry that anyway.

Betadine - my wife won't let me carry it; says if I got the least bit hungry....

Wow, that's a lot of stuff most people seem to carry. How do you all carry all this gear?

I recently got a Spitfire OC dispenser and keep it on a small keychain linked to a tiny maglite. But all this crap starts adding up - a Kahr 9mm in pocket holseter, one or two extra mags, a small special wallet for the CW permit, a light, a OC sprayer, my regular keys...

I can carry all this if I can dress casually with bulky cargo pants, such as on the weekends or after hours. But if I was going to dress business attire with all that, I'd have problems fitting all that into 2 dress pants pockets. My problem is sort of not a problem b/c I work in a place where firearms are, for now, legally prohibited. So I only plan on carrying a concealed firearm when I'm away from work, and that usually means I can dress however I want anyway. (My legal research indicates to me that my CWP allows me to carry my OC spray with my permit around work, and I'm less worried about the consequences of being wrong about that than being wrong about carrying a firearm at work).

Besides either a S&W 4516-2 .45acp or Kahr MK9 9mm I carry the following:
    Cell phone
    Surefire 6P Flashlight
    Smith & Wesson folding SWAT knife
    2 mags of .45acp or 1 mag of 9mm
    "There is no such thing as too much ammo. Unless you're swimming!"

Man you guys carry a lot of stuff. How do you guys' pants stay up?

I have a Blackberry, wallet, key (only car), gun. If I feel edgy or it is night or bad place, I will carry a flashlight and extra clip.
    -------------
    Walther1

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of the ultimate CC gun!

Senior Moderator
    Beside pistol and reload, either a Gerber or Spyderco folder. Plus keys, Swiss (little) Army knife, Wallet minus money (my wife has all of that) and sometimes Dorcy flashlight.

Senior Member Array ssssthesnake's Avatar
    keys on a laynard about 12 inches long walet spare mag and a cold steel ak folding knife wich can double as a karambit as it has finger groves and a skull crusher

wht i carry

i have my iwb holster w/ tauras 24/7 , keys, blackberry, kershaw knife and wallet. if i go out at night i carry a lil LED light nothing big. i have 17 rounds in my taraus so i dont need to carry extra mag. (well i dont think)
    Last edited by elrey718; November 12th, 2006 at 03:19 PM.
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

I'll chime in

Sidearm is usually a Glock 19 or 1911, sometimes a Kahr .40, occasionally a 2.5" S&W .38 K frame. 1 Spare reload, except for the revolver, a couple of speed strips then. BUG, a P32. Knife is whatever Spyderco, Benchmade, Kershaw, or Microtech I grab. More tool than weapon. Keys were usually on a mini-light, but I found an old ASP keychain sized baton, and sometimes use that. Probably will stop, I miss having even the small light and it's easier on the stomach to carry the smaller light. When I do feel the need to carry a light, I use a polymer Surefire, probably going to get a smaller LED Surefire, though. Christmas is coming. I have a cell, but hate it and don't make much of an effort to carry it around.

It is VERY true that you must know your location when using your cell phone. See it all the time in the field. Also, remember NO TIAWAN TACTICAL GEAR. EVER. If your life might depend on it, use the best you can afford.

Always have a firearm on me, right now I have my Sig2340.

Knifes: Benchmade Auto 5000 or a Bali.

In my Suburban, I have a combat ready broadsword, hoe, staff, spear, kwan-dao, and a couple of chain whips. heh These are for the zombies...

Mini light (usually a Surefire model) and a cell phone. Depending on operational necessities and capabilities (due to facility or location restrictions) a Spyderco Endura and spare magazine to go with my G22 sidearm.
    Improvise, Adapt, Modify, and Overcome

I usually carry two handguns, Glock 23 (one spare magazine) and S&W342PD as backup although some situations a third gun is added, a Glock 23. No spare ammo for the two backups unless involved in executive protection duties.

Also carry at least one Emerson Combat Karambit and one Spyderco Gunting, sometimes I will add a Spyderco Blue Gunting.

An additional tool is the Kubaton and recently started carrying a Rick Hinderer TI Kubaton as shown below. No problem getting onto a plane, TSA didn't give it a second look. Kubaton and similar tools are a must for those times when lethal force is not warrented.

Stay Safe,
    Kevin

CSSDSD Instructor
    ASP Instructor
    ACCJT Certified LEO DT Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by KevinInstructor View Post
    I usually carry two handguns, Glock 23 (one spare magazine) and S&W342PD as backup although some situations a third gun is added, a Glock 23. No spare ammo for the two backups unless involved in executive protection duties.

Also carry at least one Emerson Combat Karambit and one Spyderco Gunting, sometimes I will add a Spyderco Blue Gunting.

An additional tool is the Kubaton and recently started carrying a Rick Hinderer TI Kubaton as shown below. No problem getting onto a plane, TSA didn't give it a second look. Kubaton and similar tools are a must for those times when lethal force is not warrented.

I hope you're not your avatar...but how in heck do you keep your PANTS up? Sheeeesh, my pants are always draggin down from the weight of a Sig P245 45acp and a spare mag. I'm ALWAYS discreetly "hitchin' 'em up!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    I hope you're not your avatar...but how in heck do you keep your PANTS up? Sheeeesh, my pants are always draggin down from the weight of a Sig P245 45acp and a spare mag. I'm ALWAYS discreetly "hitchin' 'em up!
    The avatar is of a woman I dated.

In regards to keeping my pants up. The knifes are light, the S&W342PD is lighter then most S&W, even the air weights carried in a Safariland model 25 pocket holster and the Glock 27 is carried using an Alessi ankle holster. Now if I were to add spare magzines which I have then suspenders are required
    Stay Safe,
    Kevin

CSSDSD Instructor
    ASP Instructor
    ACCJT Certified LEO DT Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links