Boker Plus Perrin Le Griffe!!!

Boker Plus Perrin Le Griffe!!!

This is a discussion on Boker Plus Perrin Le Griffe!!! within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Aloha All, Again, long time no see, and I hope that everyone has been well... Just wanted to give props to Boker for creating a ...

Thread: Boker Plus Perrin Le Griffe!!!

Thumbs up Boker Plus Perrin Le Griffe!!!

Aloha All,

Again, long time no see, and I hope that everyone has been well...

Just wanted to give props to Boker for creating a production Fred Perrin Le Griffe! I received mine from Boker Germany (Thanks CFD and Mr. "L"!) sometime ago, but I been going through some trips, so forgive my being late in sharing about it.

Here are some pics of a genuine Le Griffe made by my friend Mr. Perrin, and it was given to me by a long time Knifebro. (If ya wanna make yourself known, please do bro!)

Now, here is the production version, coming out of the Boker Plus line. I like this one a LOT, and I thank God for the right hand chisel grind. Boker did this one right, as it is easy to sharpen, and takes a good edge...something I have not experienced too often in the world of chisel ground edges. I enjoy the "bare bones" functionality of this production model, and I flipped out on the way the Fred Perrin logo was cut right through the blade!

I tell you guys, this one, all the way down to the sheath, represents my friend Mr. Perrin's work very well. I can carry this one with no problems "legally" if I were diving or fishing, but in the urban environment, I got mixed answers again from the local PD. Some say it's no problem, some say it'd get me into a lotta trouble. *Sigh*...

Regardless, the Perrin/Boker Plus collab is a GREAT model, and it proves to do very well in mostly all my cutting tasks. One thing I like about the chisel grind is that I have managed to "bring it back" once I feel it getting dull by swiping it on things like cardboard, or even my BDU's!!! No kidding...

I for one am thankful for these types of production collabs because I can afford them due to their great price point, and they are "expendable"...I'd hate to lose/abuse my genuine Le Griffe...but this Boker Plus version...hmmmmm...I don't feel bad at all abus...er, using it hard!

Seriously, a piece well worth looking into...just be sure to check your local laws regarding carrying one. I don't wanna see any of you guys at my um..."day job".

God bless and mahalo for cheking this out!
    "...at least believe upon the miracles themselves...
    And I will do whatever you ask in my Name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father" - Jesus.

Senior Member Array psychophipps's Avatar
    Well, I thought I had an original variant on the La Griffe on the drawing board but I guess I was wrong.

Sorry guys...I just found out that Boker Germany is a distributor of said knife, NOT the production makers of it...

God bless and sorry!!!
    "...at least believe upon the miracles themselves...
    And I will do whatever you ask in my Name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father" - Jesus.

Links