Romatron?

Romatron?

This is a discussion on Romatron? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone have one or know anyone who does? See www.romatron.com if you don't know what im talking about....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Romatron?

Romatron?

Anyone have one or know anyone who does?

See www.romatron.com if you don't know what im talking about.
    PAX IN BELLO

Assistant Administrator
    New to me - but have to say it does not look particularly useful on face of it. Certainly not when compared with some other day-to-day improvized options.
    Powerful enough to disable a 300 lb. man
    I'd expect the disabling to be more due just to the skill of the user with regard to body blows!!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Lead Moderator
    looks like I would hit myself as likely as a BG.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

The only way I would be able to disable a 300 pound man is watch him laughing and rolling on the ground after I knock myself silly with the darn thing. LOL...

Reminds me of that toy "Clackers" Now those could put a hurt on ya. LOL...

So is that like a spring-cosh's retarded cousin

Seriously, depending on the weight of the ball, it could pack a pretty good punch. however, with any flexible weapon you have the issue of rebounding (where it bounces off some part of their anatomy and hits some part of yours... ). Besides, it looks kind of cheap/flimsy. (and it looks like a few other things I'm not going to mention in polite company )
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Hmmmm....an idea comes to mind: carrying through a TSA checkpoint, when asked what it is, bat your eyelashes, and giggle girlishly- watch them drop it like a hot rock!

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    Rob, that is the funniest thing I have heard all day.
    Seriously, it looks like one of those mystery items you occasionally glance on one of the undesirable tables in the back of Spencers’ at the mall. Either that or a doggy chew toy.

Disko, considering your country’s laws, it might be a viable option. I would however suggest, you try to get it in some other color than pink.

I'm afraid I'd hurt myself with all those keys hanging on it, or put an eye out...mine!
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the weaponry to make the difference.

Seems if that's the direction you chose to go, a well tied lanyard with a steel ball bearing would be more effective, cheaper and less "cheesey." I'm thinking of a pattern called the "monkey's fist," hopefully our resident lanyard junkies can elaborate - I've seen them but never tied one myself. There are also several hits using Yahoo's engine, to avoid any copyright violations I won't post the links.
    Jack
    Last edited by maclean3; March 24th, 2006 at 10:25 PM. Reason: corrected knot name.

VIP Member
    That's a strange looking weapon. I'm sure it has its uses, but it's not for me.

I did make a monkey's fist knot wrapped around a marble, and that's attached to my keychain. It's mostly decorative, but does provide a good length for swinging a bunch of sharp keys.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

They've been around a long time... I've resisted the temptation for a long time too. Easily.

I don't know. I think that when it comes to pummeling your assailant with whatever is on your keychain, I would rather stab him with a kubotan (mix up the vowels to match your preference).
    "So this is how liberty dies. With thunderous applause."
    - Senator Padmé Amidala, "Revenge of the Sith"

I too would like such an option, however a kubotan (and basically EVERYTHING else) is a prohibited weapon where I'm from.
    PAX IN BELLO

Quote Originally Posted by disko
    I too would like such an option, however a kubotan (and basically EVERYTHING else) is a prohibited weapon where I'm from.
    Flashlights and Sharpie-Markers...they're not weapons, they're tools
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

"I have a Sharpie and I'm not afraid to use it ... Back off or yer gettin' a moustache!" Sorry Matt, think I need more coffee.
    Jack

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links