Home defence (no guns allowed!)

This is a discussion on Home defence (no guns allowed!) within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; madmike is right. However, in the vein of your query, the lady foot prybar is a devastating instrument that lends itself well to short baton ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Home defence (no guns allowed!)

madmike is right. However, in the vein of your query, the lady foot prybar is a devastating instrument that lends itself well to short baton work, in confined areas. Spend $40 USD and have the mid section knurled, and its perfect.
    http://kp.dreamscape.com/

Hmmm... it won't direct link. Search "Lady Foot" on the site, and it will come up.

2. Remove Ads

IIRC, machete and combat axe fall under the sword category of your new bladed weapons ban. A sap would require you to get in very close. I think your bat is a good start. I would add a maglite, and not worry about the lead-filled pipe thing. It isn't a lead-filled pipe. It is a functioning flashlight being used as an object at hand to defend yourself. A cane or longer walking stick would be a good idea. Definitely add a martial art. Your restrictions are instructive. People in the U.S. should pay attention. Knife bans have already been proposed.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

The problem with bats, batons, etc is that they put you in close proximity to the intruder.

First, I recommend a dog. Dogs are one of the best, if not the best, deterent to intrusions.

Second, I would recommend putting together your plan for an intrusio n - identify the multiple scenarios and how you would react. Place folders and straight-blades strategically around the house. This is good if you have a gun or not.

Next, get creative with ideas that will keep the intruder at a distance from you.

If money were no object and I couldn't own a gun, I would own one of these.

It throws fastballs at 95mph. Place it in my safe corner and just wait, "oh, please don't come in here..." WHAM!
    Blinky

Dalai Lama - May 15, 2001, The Seattle Times

Have you considered a broomstick with a particularly loose broom? A staff is a formidable weapon, if you in addition know a bit about staff fighting, you'll definitely be a tough proposition in any fight.

I live in gun unfriendly Canada, and face a similar problem. Handguns need to be unloaded, trigger locked and in a locked case. Long guns need to be unloaded and EITHER trigger locked OR in a locked case/safe.

So, my solution to the problem of home defense is an unloaded, trigger locked "antique" Lee Enfield No. 1 Mk III that is "displayed" in my bedroom. It was used in WWI by a Canadian soldier and I have a detailed history about him. This quaint "antique" is made of about 9 pounds of walnut and steel with a brass butplate that would more than leave a mark on any intruder that was butstroked. Oh, I forgot, there is also a 2 foot long matching "antique" bayonet on the end of it. Any intruder, regardless of what weapon they have chosen, could be shishkebabed if they cross the threshold of my bedroom door if they didn't un-ass themselves out of there double quick.

Perhaps you should do some antique shopping too, since the No. 1 Mk III Lee Enfield is also a proud and meaningfull piece of Australian history!
    "Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities... because it is the quality which guarantees all others." -- Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Omni
    Perhaps you should do some antique shopping too, since the No. 1 Mk III Lee Enfield is also a proud and meaningfull piece of Australian history!
    I would but for the fact that it'd be ridiculously expensive, have a cement filled barrel, and most bayonets are also considered dangerous articles.
    PAX IN BELLO

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    A can of WD-40 with a piezo-electric igniter attached to it?

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    Move to the US. Alaska, Vermont, Florida or Colorado. Happy to have you here.

If your life is in danger, use the force you need to defend it.

Better judged by 12 than carried by 6.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links