Harsey Lone Wolf D2 DA folder.

This is a discussion on Harsey Lone Wolf D2 DA folder. within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been a fan of Bill Harsey and Chris Reeve knives for some time. If you don't know who Bill Harsey is then you haven't ...

Thread: Harsey Lone Wolf D2 DA folder.

Harsey Lone Wolf D2 DA folder.

I've been a fan of Bill Harsey and Chris Reeve knives for some time. If you don't know who Bill Harsey is then you haven't been around knives long enough to know true quality and utility in a knife. He's world famous for his designs and most recently for the "Yarbourgh" Green Beret knife which is given to each of the United States Army Special Forces "Qualification" course grads at graduation. It's not a collectors piece it's a knife that is to be carried into harms way and has proven it's self as one of the "Special Forces" greatest tools in their tool box.

I recently had the opportunity to meet Mr. Harsey in his hometown of Eugene Oregon and I picked up his Harsey D2/DA auto blade designed by him and manufactured by Lone Wolf knives.

By far the best auto/folder combination that I have ever held in my hand. Benchmade ? forget it, Emerson ? forget it just go with anything designed by Mr. Harsey and you'll have the right tool for the right job.

HERE IS WHAT I PURCHASED: SPECIAL RUN - LONE WOLF HARSEY 24050 ALL BLACK D2 DOUBLE ACTION AUTOMATIC PLAIN EDGE

The blade is CPM S30V steel and is the best I've had in a knife. It hold the edge much better than any other steel and is out of box as sharp as a surgical scapal.

Watch the video to the far right and see the action and location of the auto feature. Good jazz music too.

http://www.lonewolfknives.com/store/pages/home.shtml
    Perhaps your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

2. Remove Ads

VEEEEEEEEEERRRRY nice!!!!

I purchased the same knife several months ago and I must say it is the best knife I have ever carried.

I love the design of the knife and the size/weight. I had one for a while. However, it has a bad reputation ... the liner lock is suspect and fails on many of the knives. This was also confirmed ny my gun shop that sells them. They said that knife was returned far more than any other they sell. I know that in looking at mine, where the liner locks up behind the blade, the liner was positioned at the "near" edge of the base of the blade, even with a little of the liner not completely behind the blade. On my BM AFCK, when opened, the liner extends all the way across the blade base to the "far" side. Although I never had the Lone Wolf fail, I also never had to use it in an SD situtation. But with the reviews and my own inspection of the knife, I could see where it could fail. So, I lost confidence in the knife and ended up selling it.

Good luck with yours.

Links