Nightclub Security Impact tool - Page 3

Nightclub Security Impact tool

This is a discussion on Nightclub Security Impact tool within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by KevinInstructor I am sure the "Travel-wrench/Impact-kerambit" is a great tool, otherwise people would not be recommending it but for me I can ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinInstructor
    I am sure the "Travel-wrench/Impact-kerambit" is a great tool, otherwise people would not be recommending it but for me I can not imagine carrying it on a daily basis. For the average person learning the basic Kubaton would be best I think because you can transition the techniques to ordinary items such as a Mini-Mag flashlight or even using your fingers/thumb.

May be it's place is in bodyguard/security field?
    I think the Kerambit is IDEAL for situations where you are forbidden to be "armed" by a matter of policy like for teachers in school. Lots of applications for the wrench part, too. Also for one taking a vacation overseas....I doubt it'd be stopped at a security checkpoint and I doubt that a UK "Bobby" would see it as a threat. I think a Kubotan is far more recognizable....
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier
    I think the Kerambit is IDEAL for situations where you are forbidden to be "armed" by a matter of policy like for teachers in school. Lots of applications for the wrench part, too. Also for one taking a vacation overseas....I doubt it'd be stopped at a security checkpoint and I doubt that a UK "Bobby" would see it as a threat. I think a Kubotan is far more recognizable....
    Good point in regards to not being highly recognizable
    Stay Safe,
    Kevin

CSSDSD Instructor
    ASP Instructor
    ACCJT Certified LEO DT Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Here are a few for reference. Enjoy Gents.

Loandr.
    Attached Images

The Oakley Pilote Gloves has carbon fiber knuckle plating, and have been reported to be "unfair" by criminals.
    I believe they were originally designed as motorcross/mountain biking/snowboarding gloves, so you can call them that if questioned.

A bouncer wearing gloves probably isn't that strange, and these are in use in desert enviroments so heat shouldn't be a issue.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Team American
    I've seen some police supply catalogs that carry a pair of gloves with a pocket in the palms weighted with lead pellets...you can make a hardened fist and strike with extra momentum, plus have the added protection on your knuckles.
    Actually, the lead is in the knuckles. I got a pair at a gun show for $30 a while back.

i worked the door for 23yrs and only retired after a back injury and i never carried a tool i always used the motorola radio i worked in manchester england some peopledont want to talk just fight

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by disko View Post
    Blackjacks, saps and similar weapons, due to their extreme obscurity in Australia, are not prohibited imports. Hence my researching them. Basically I need an impact tool that I can use in a similar manner to a baton.
    Frankly I'm surprised at the suggestion that you'd be legally allowed to use these in Australia in the context you describe. (or at all)

Wow this is an old thread, but since people are now posting I will add my .02. I've been workin as a bouncer at bars/clubs/concerts even had a frat house or two hire me on for big parties, and I have been doing it for several years. They have all been in Ohio, and any sort of impact weapon would be a big no-no. I do have a cheap aluminum LED flashlight that I keep on me and suppose if I really needed to I would use it. Most places have a policy that if you strike a customer unless it is completely neccessary in self defense i.e. I am getting my butt kicked and backup isn't coming, I get fired. Knowing some elbow and wrist locks, and chokes is a much better idea than an impact weapon IMHO. That being said, sometimes out customers get a little clumsy and run into things like walls as they leave.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

It's bizarre. Australia won't let you carry a knife without a good excuse (ALL knives are controlled weapons), but once you have a security licence, all the verboten items like extendables, saps, even blackjacks, can be carried for SD if you are on duty (at least in my state).

In my state, force may be used in self defence (common law), defence of another (common law), prevention or continutation of a crime (legislated), arrest (legislated) and prevention of suicide.

While punching is a no no, you just go up the force continum or leave them alone.
    PAX IN BELLO

Senior Moderator
    Use the old standby that is so near and dear to LEO's...

a 4 or 5 cell maglight.

Its handy, and it camoflaged. No one will think twice about seeing you carry one at night. Wear a belt ring and let it hang.

When you need "assistance" it makes a great impact weapon...as long as you keep it off the skull...
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Talking No punch? Well there goes the party!

Quote Originally Posted by disko View Post
    It's bizarre. Australia won't let you carry a knife without a good excuse (ALL knives are controlled weapons) & While punching is a no no, you just go up the force continum or leave them alone.
    While I myself, almost never utilize my curled fist and those fragile knuckles in a confrontation with somebody's much denser skull, I think the government TELLING me I can't do so it more than just a little bit ridiculous. WHY do the Aussies permit this crap? I'd think that Aikido is a big thing down under.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

As of recently, Workcover (state work safety authority) came out with a new 'code of practice' for 'crowd controllers' (bouncers), which specifically stated, 'No punching'
    PAX IN BELLO

Well, one year after I started this thread, I am now working in state as a crowd controller... and despite what I first said in this post re import documentation, after many hours of reading, obtaining forms, looking up government gazette entries, I currently have an Autolock Junior in transit from the U.S.

My impact collection now includes saps and jacks, which very occassionally go to work with me in lieu of the expandable now on its way.
    PAX IN BELLO

"Stinger"

"Phil Elmore, What were those things we talked about a few months ago???

I think they were called Stingers or something. Kindof like a single brass knuckle (plastic).

It's sold as a "Deep massage tool"

I think you are thinking of what's called a Kubaton, or "Persuader". Great little tool, 5"-6" plastic or metal bar, 3/4"-ish thick, good for all sorts of whacking and poking in fun pressure points. Totally legal in US as far as I've ever heard, often passed off as a "keychain". All over Ebay for hardly any money...

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    The two most useful impact weapons I can think of are:

1. the knee

and

2. the shin

(especially when directed forcefully against the outer thigh at an upward angle)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links