Nightclub Security Impact tool

This is a discussion on Nightclub Security Impact tool within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As can be seen from my various posts, I'm interested in saps, blackjacks and similar impact weapons. There is a reason behind this. Next year ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nightclub Security Impact tool

Nightclub Security Impact tool

As can be seen from my various posts, I'm interested in saps, blackjacks and similar impact weapons. There is a reason behind this.

Next year I'll be starting work as a bouncer, or as we are now referred to in most Australian states, a 'Crowd Controller' at a nightclub interstate (going to a better university in a state that offers better career prospects and very very low regulation of weapons), and I'm considering what sort of an impact tool to purchase.

The conventional option of an expanable, straight or tonfa baton is not wise in an environment where crowds are likely to be injured by a backswing, and there is an increased danger relating to baton retention. A monodock (sp?) autolock jr. is out due to the difficulty of obtaining import documentation for expandables (they are a prohibited import, but what's already in the country is not affected).

Blackjacks, saps and similar weapons, due to their extreme obscurity in Australia, are not prohibited imports. Hence my researching them. Basically I need an impact tool that I can use in a similar manner to a baton.

So, in the field of saps, blackjacks, and moderately compact other impact tools, what offers the best transfer of energy, compact size and ease of retention, what is best for a nightclub environment?
    PAX IN BELLO

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Phil Elmore, What were those things we talked about a few months ago???

I think they were called Stingers or something. Kindof like a single brass knuckle (plastic).

It's sold as a "Deep massage tool"
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

I've had a play with my security trainer's comtech stingers, and I'm not big on them.
    PAX IN BELLO

IMO, the round, 14-16 oz. blackjacks are going to hit the hardest. However, the flat-saps are generally easier to conceal. The flat-saps are nice because you can strike or slap with the flat portion. If more concentrated force is desired you can strike with the edge in the same way you'd slash with a knife.
    Either tool, combined with some solid empty-hand skills, will serve you well.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Disko:
    Have you ever heard of a Handler-12? It's 3/4" wide spring steel, covered in black rubber, formed into what looks like 18" of Shepherd's crook. It's a control, restraint, and impact device. Some correctional insitutions use them to not only strike offensively like a mini PR-24, but can defend and lock wrists and arms up when you take the joker to the wall for control before you move them from point A to B. We use them in our hospital setting to control violent crazy persons (California 5150's). These devices come with a holster that also houses cuffs and worn on your regular belt sits on your hip vertically with the blunt probe-end (grip) snuggly resting against your ribs up under your bicep. The device was invented by a Japanese martial artist, then sold to a man who owns Gripton International that continues to make the device. He trains instructors himself and travels to train as well. If interested in looking at the device, contact me @ glawrits@uci.edu and I'll send you a few jpegs. Best wishes.
    In the immortal words of Gunfighter Jack Wilson in SHANE, ...
    "Why don't we just get on with it and gun him?"

-Bad Lieutenant

VIP Member
    I've seen some police supply catalogs that carry a pair of gloves with a pocket in the palms weighted with lead pellets...you can make a hardened fist and strike with extra momentum, plus have the added protection on your knuckles.
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Team American, sap gloves are a prohib import as well :(

Bad Lieutenant, I've sent you a blank email, I'd love a few pics!
    PAX IN BELLO

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by disko
    Team American, sap gloves are a prohib import as well :(
    Dang! You really do have to get creative Down Under

Next I suppose you'll tell me it's unlawful to smack 'em with an ice cold schooner of V.B.

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Assistant Administrator
    smack 'em with an ice cold schooner of V.B.
    That made me think - hmmm - have a handy bedroom mini freezer and keep inside a bag of ice in a super strong poly' bag - grab that when needed.

The evidence melts
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Team American
    ice cold schooner of V.B.
    I drink my V.B. out of PINTS, not SCHOONERS thank you very much!! (its an interstate rivalry thing.... NSW scum drink schooners, people from the home of Vic Bitter drink pints)
    PAX IN BELLO

VIP Member
    Chris, you could be on your way to a new nickname...Mr. Freeze!

nah, not catchy enough to replace S&S...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by disko
    I drink my V.B. out of PINTS, not SCHOONERS thank you very much!! (its an interstate rivalry thing.... NSW scum drink schooners, people from the home of Vic Bitter drink pints)
    Best beer in the world, I believe!

Sorry about the confusion...no one here would mistake you for NSW scum

Har har har very funny.

Tis one of the finest beers in the world.

I start my evening with a few Beck's then I get into the Vic.
    PAX IN BELLO

Disko, if you aren't there already, you need to log on over at www.totalprotectioninteractive.com There are a couple of other Aussies there, and tons of good impact/discreet problem solving solutions.

Impact Kerambit (NOT the knife based on the impact design) can't be beat. Small, unobtrusive, light and looks harmless. Some of them even have hex shaped cutouts that can be used as a "wrench!" One of the best weapons is that which does not appear to BE a weapon.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links