Fixed Blade carry

This is a discussion on Fixed Blade carry within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi all from sunny Cape Town, South Africa First off, I think this site is great and you all have a lot of great info ...

Thread: Fixed Blade carry

Fixed Blade carry

Hi all from sunny Cape Town, South Africa

First off, I think this site is great and you all have a lot of great info to offer..thanks!

My question: I recently bought a Crucible FX II with a tccs carry system but to wear it IWB is a problem for me. It seems to ride too high when attached to my belt making it stick outwards and print too much. Have you any suggestions for other types of sheaths to use? Thanks all.

Jason
    ps: Damn I'm envious that you guys can go out and pretty much buy any firearm or as many as you want! I can only get one and that's after rigorous procedures plus a 1-2 year wait!!

2. Remove Ads

Hi dante76

Welcome!

I can't provide any advice on the Crucible FX II since I'm not familar with it.

As for the firearms issue, it seems many of our politicians are pushing for licensing as restrictive as you have in South Africa. There is a battle raging in the U.S. over our right to own firearms. My hope is we don't follow South Africa's lead on this issue :).
    Martial Blade Concepts, Jiu-Jitsu & Eskrima NRA, GOA, NYSRPA, LIF, Old Bethpage Rifle & Pistol Club

Administrator
    There are supposed to be a lot of possible adjustment combinations for that sheath system.

For those of you who are not familiar with the knife that the member is talking about ~ Here is a YouTube K. McCann Vid.

If for any reason that sheath is not working out for you then you'll need to find a custom leather crafter or somebody working in KYDEX in South Africa and go the custom sheath route.
    YouTube - BLACKHAWK! Crucible FX

Another one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoxccAExVdY

Quote Originally Posted by dante76 View Post
    ...to wear it IWB is a problem for me. It seems to ride too high when attached to my belt making it stick outwards and print too much.
    You could drill a hole higher on the sheath to attach the IWB loop. That will make it ride deeper. Looking at mine, I see you'd only be able to go about an inch and a half higher, though. That may not give you what you want. Maybe try drilling a new hole, and then play around with the cant?

I have one of these.The Malabar Front I'm quite happy with it. I don't know if The Malabar Front will ship internationally though.

Senior Member Array psychophipps's Avatar
    Another trick is to simply wear an open button-up shirt, or open light jacket or vest all of the time. The flexibility of the fabric will cushion most printing this way.

Printing is largely a non-issue I've found. Most people are so oblivious as to be blind so I wouldn't worry about it unless it's really, really bad.

fm2
    Give Dave an e-mail @ dave_p37 AT yahoo DOT com

He makes some really great gear for practical carry.

You can see some of his gear for the KaBar TDI knife and Cold Steel Safe Maker here:

https://mdtstraining.com/store.php?crn=222

Thanks for all the advice guys, will look into each of them. There is a guy local to me who works with Kydex so maybe he can sort me out. Thx

Links