Highly Deadly Spork & Killer Cub Scouts - Page 3

Highly Deadly Spork & Killer Cub Scouts

This is a discussion on Highly Deadly Spork & Killer Cub Scouts within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The people that are in charge in our schools have lost their minds. I swear I am losing faith in humanity....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The people that are in charge in our schools have lost their minds. I swear I am losing faith in humanity.

VIP Member
    I went to school in Kentucky everyone carried knives; it was something you used just about everyday.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

this is just asinine i have one of though boy scout camp tools and frankly given an option between that and a butter knife im picking the butter knife

I live in Delaware and my sons go to that school district. The School Board got thousands of calls, the meeting last night was packed and their first order of business was to amend their policy to use judgement and the childs intent as factors, they made it retro-active to the beginning of the school year. So score one for common sense.
    I think the reason people got so riled up was the 45 days at a special school (read re-eductaion gulag) for the kid.

Last year there was a stabbing at my son's high school. During an argument concering their romantic relationship a female student stabbed a male student.........with a pair of scissors supplied by the school in Art class.

VIP Member
    everyone should be lobbying that school district to get rid of all pens, pencils, compasses, rocks, erasers, crayons, scissors (yes..even the safety scissors), phones (cords are dangerous), phone lines, computer cables, jump ropes, tennis rackets, footballs, basketballs, kickballs, the list goes on and on with items at school that CAN hurt kids or CAN be used as weapons

the administration/school board are a bunch of buffoons and other such things that I can't mention here

now they're reducing the suspension and got rid of the reform school thing, but its still not right

all that was needed was the staff person that found it takes it to the office and they contact the parents to come pick it up from the office at their convenience, then reiterate to them about the policy....done deal, no problem
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Another case of Idioticy

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

VIP Member
    Heard on the news last night that the school board had reversed the sentence to reform school..

It was unclear whether they revised the zero policy or just made an exception in this case.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

My wife saw someone from the school board on the news this morning. He is saying that he has only been there about 3 months, so he hasn't been able to do much yet. He says he doesn't agree with zero tolerance policies, and thinks that incidents should be handled on a case-by-case basis. He's working to get rid of zero tolerance policies in the district. He says that the Superintendent agrees with him.

If true, this is a good thing. And this case will give him ammunition for his fight.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    already in post #26
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    I remember being asked to bring, "all the guns and knives you can get your hands on to school tomorrow." And it was my wrestling coach asking! The only stipulation was to make sure they were unloaded. We needed them from props for our conference championship wrestling poster for my high school. Twice! We distributed the posters to our sponsors all over the county. One of the pics was taken on school property. AHHHH, the good old days.
    [/url]
    At my high school the coach/science/bible teacher got ahold of a BB gun one day, don't know where from I think it was in the principle's office for some reason, and used it on pidgens roosting on the roof and making a mess. He of course had a group of junior highers following him around offering to help. A high school girl who felt bad for the poor flying rats called her mom (from the school office) who called the police. The coach got a pretty good lecture from admin.

Discharging a bb gun in the city was illegal. Don't ask me why, except maybe because kids had used them downtown to shoot business storefront windows.

Were you at your school or dream...!!!

You are telling some very out of the routine stories...

Quote Originally Posted by Iftikhar View Post

If you are asking me. One of the pics was us, armed to the teeth, beside the high school. Taken after school and we gave everyone enough time to leave before "arming".

The next year we did the same type of thing. Seems the coach got "some" flak for the previous pic. So we again brought all the guns to school. Met after school and went off campus for the pic. I've got them put back somewhere. Need to track them down.

'Round here the first day of deer season is like a holiday! I remember going to school in my cammies and waiting for my dad to come get me after lunch.

But a few years ago, at the same high school, a kid got arrested for having a non functioning cival war pistol locked in his car. The kid was into reenacting. So, yeah, times have changed here too.

Quote Originally Posted by Iftikhar View Post

Figured you meant the other poster. Just in case though, my school was a small private school, that was part of my church. The bb gun incident was one of the weirder events that occurred but other stupid things did happen. Reality is weird sometimes. :-)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links