awesome new knife!

awesome new knife!

This is a discussion on awesome new knife! within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; There is a self defense company here in ohio called TDI they have a 3 day course and they offer close combat training as well ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: awesome new knife!

awesome new knife!

There is a self defense company here in ohio called TDI they have a 3 day course and they offer close combat training as well as alot of other training. they have designed a knife for LEO's that is available to civilians. I bought one the other day and I love it.

Here is a little background of the knife:

It was designed to be worn on your weak hand side. The design was to stop someone from taking your weapon off your hip. if they reach for your gun you are supposed to pull knife with weak hand, grab BG wrist and cut upwards from bottom to top of wrist, can also be used for throat in self defensive. They make 2 blades one straight, one seraded. I have enclosed a link to their site so you can check out the knife. I recommend the TDI classes in Ohio as well as the knife.

https://www.kabar.com/product_detail...uctNumber=1480

you can see the finger spot behind the blade that is where your "pinkie" finger should rest so when holding the knife if you swing like you are punching the blade should be on the bottom side of your hand to slash the neck,face,wrist.

Those knives have been around for years and have been discussed numerous times here
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...archid=2647968

But you are correct, they are cool knives.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

haha they are new to me :)

Yup good knives I carry the large TDi on my duty belt weak side.
    Proud houlder of a Texas Open Carry License.

I have the Ka-Bar TDI, this one...
    KA-BAR Knives: KABAR TDI Knife, Part Serrated Coyote Brown, KA-1477CB (Note: Have a box of bandaids available when you first start to handle this knife.)

...and just today got the Ka-Bar Kurki dropped at my door.
    https://www.kabar.com/product_detail...uctNumber=1249

The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I also have this knife but never found a good way to keep it covered while still being able to draw it quickly. Been sitting in my drawer since.
    Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

Good description of how to carry it.

An added benefit if carried around 10-11 (for RHers) is that it can also be accessed by the RH if the LH is busy or injured.

I have a small one similar to Retsup's. I tried the larger one but found the large knife holster extremely poor. It printed more than any firearm I own.

Love the small one--unable to make the large one work with the supplied holster.

Oh yeah, the ubiquitous Ka-Bar TDI. Very popular little "hidden surprise" favored by a lot of our forum members.

It's been on my "short list" of EDC accessories to get in the near future.

Congrats on getting a very cool and very sharp little cutting tool.

I would take retsup99's lead and get a box of bandaids to go with it.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I thought about this knife but I have never had a "Fixed blade" knife yet, so I didnt get it.

I read a lot about it and it seems to be a great knife!
    Carry-S&W 642
    HD-Remington 870

The Dalai Lama:"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny256 View Post
    I thought about this knife but I have never had a "Fixed blade" knife yet, so I didnt get it.

I read a lot about it and it seems to be a great knife!
    you ought to give it some more consideration. Legalities aside (not an issue for you in MO with a CCW), fixed blades are far superior to folders for...well, pretty much everything.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

I have a Kabar fighting/utility knife. Its great if you spend any time in the woods. They're literly bombproof.

Maybe there will be a TDI in my stocking this X-mas.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by KenpoTex View Post
    you ought to give it some more consideration. Legalities aside (not an issue for you in MO with a CCW), fixed blades are far superior to folders for...well, pretty much everything.
    So what you are saying is that if you have CCW in MO you can carry this knife? Early in my gun shopping days I ran into this knife and guy behind the counter said he can only sell it to LEOs and Military.

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    Good description of how to carry it.

An added benefit if carried around 10-11 (for RHers) is that it can also be accessed by the RH if the LH is busy or injured.

I have a small one similar to Retsup's. I tried the larger one but found the large knife holster extremely poor. It printed more than any firearm I own.

Love the small one--unable to make the large one work with the supplied holster.
    Grady...get a metal belt clip for the kydex sheath for your large TDI will make it easy to conceal!!

Quote Originally Posted by stlouiseman View Post
    So what you are saying is that if you have CCW in MO you can carry this knife? Early in my gun shopping days I ran into this knife and guy behind the counter said he can only sell it to LEOs and Military.
    According to RSMO ch. 571 (the weapons chapter), your CCW exempts you from the law against carrying concealed firearms, knives (which in missouri law is anything larger than a folder with a 4" blade) or Blackjacks (pretty much any impact weapon based on how they define "blackjack").
    Here's the link to the chapter:
    RSMO-Chapter 571

Read the "definitions section" (the definition of knife is #12)
    Then read Section 571.030 (the Unlawful use of a weapon section) and scroll down about 1/2 way to read the exceptions (section #4).

All that said, your city may have ordinances against certain knives, I know some cities/towns in the St.L area do. If that is the case, you're out of luck as the state law only prevents cities from enacting restrictions on CCW of firearms.

As far as the guy saying he couldn't sell to you...he's either lying, or an idiot (or both).

Matt K.

Fixed blades are very nice and are superior to folders. I carry folders a lot more than fixed I would love to get a TDI and incorporate it to my system. About the box of bandaids.... they make a training version of this knife, down fall is that it costs just about as much as the live blade.

Again as I always say train with what you carry... my fingers and hands are worth a lot more than 50 bucks or so.
    "Put on the whole armor of God..."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links