Nice folder for gifts

This is a discussion on Nice folder for gifts within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, I am considering purchasing a nice carry knife for my 4 groomsmen for my wedding. I would possibly like an auto, but it is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nice folder for gifts

Nice folder for gifts

Ok, I am considering purchasing a nice carry knife for my 4 groomsmen for my wedding. I would possibly like an auto, but it is not a deal breaker. I would also consider something like the speed assist on the Kershaw line. I would like to spend from 35.00 to 75.00 That is flexible however, too. Where could I look and buy online for the best prices, and does anybody have any suggestions for what to look at? Prefer smoth blade as well but maybe half serrated. I carry a Benchmade, but don't remember the model name, and have been very happy with it.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

2. Remove Ads

I'm jonesing for a BM 550HG. Check out bladehq.com

JD
    Administrator
    I think a Spyderco Endura would be a good buy, most autos worth buying are out of your price range.

Senior Member Array psychophipps's Avatar
    I would go with a Spyderco Delica. You can get them for $54 at Wally World from the website and have them shipped free to the closest store for pickup. I'm not knocking the Endura at all, it's a great knife, but the Delica is a bit more "typical pocket knife" in size and would probably fit your friends a bit better unless they happen to be tactical knife-type people.

Do you want an outdoors knife or a carry knife? If you want a solid heavy outdoor knife, then check out the Kabar Mule. I received one as a groomsman gift and it's still sharp as ever. Although it's too thick to carry comfortably. For that task go with a Spyderco Endura or Delica. If you can afford it go with the zdp steel. And ebay is the best I've found price wise.
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

It's a little above the price range you listed but the Benchmade 585 Mini-Barrage is pretty nice. I just picked one up from bladehq.com for a good price. I've gotten a couple knives from them, they are very quick and prices are good.

585 Details | Benchmade

http://www.bladehq.com 585 search

I like the looks of this one any thoughts? SOG AE-01 Aegis Spring Assisted Knife (Satin PLN) - Blade HQ I have a SOG I like very much but purchased it not knowing it did not have a pocket clip. Thats why I have the Benchmade, I currently carry.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Senior Member Array psychophipps's Avatar
    Not too shabby at all, jwhite75. I still prefer the Delica because of it's four-point carry, proven quality improvement over almost 20 years, and sub-3" blade making it legal pretty much anywhere in the US.

Smith and Wesson Spring assist Combo Blade

This is my EDC knife. very quick spring assist and sharp blade. My favorite knife of the ones I own
    Springfield Armory XD 9mm service
    Sig Sauer P250c 9mm

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

Spyderco Endura or Delica..
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

You already like Kershaw's? I have two Kershaw Ken Onion Leeks...great knives, great gifts.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I've been wanting one of these
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    You already like Kershaw's? I have two Kershaw Ken Onion Leeks...great knives, great gifts.
    +1 and a box of band aides on the side.

sgb
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links