Defensive Carry banner

Surefire Delta folder

7K views 49 replies 35 participants last post by  Beretta1526 
#1 ·
See less See more
#9 ·
Saving my money for the SP`01 a friend is going to sell to me. I could never justify spending such big bucks for folders, since I tend to lose them so often.

I'll stick with my black bladed spyderco military, two delicas, and old school spyderco police models.

Those surefire lights are certainly nice, and top notch quality, however.:danceban:

#10 ·
Holy Cow! They've got to be kidding...

#17 ·
That is baffling why they'd think that knife could bring that price. And, if Surefire does with the knife what they did with their lights, everyone that deals with Surefire will have to sell for the same price.

#19 ·
They came out with some other collaboration folders, a couple or so years ago (Carson maybe?), with the flipper. Nice, good ergonomics, but they started out at $400, as well. I think they are now around $300. Still over-priced for a production knife that doesn't offer anything head-n-shoulders over competitors.:blink:

#21 ·
I'll just stick to my throwaway Gerber. :duh:
If I lose it, oh well!

I'm not planning on busting out windows, cutting repelling or parachute cords or infiltrating the wire of a firebase. My Craftsman wrench set will do nicely if I need to use a wrench. Could you imagine using one of these to loosen the drain plug on the oilpan of your vehicle?

I bet the Mall Ninja's are salivating at the chance to add one of these to their deadly arsenal.

Mall Ninja Leader: "Base to Mall Ninja Alpha Team Leader. Stop infrared survillence of women's fitting room. Get down to A & M's cutlery. They have a new shipment of Surefire Tactical Folders. Make sure yours matches your uniform color."

Mall Ninja Alpha Team Leader: "Roger that. Repelling down through the service elevator shaft in order to deploy. We will wait for your Go command."

Mall Ninja Leader: "Afirmative. On my command."

#22 ·
jahwarrior72 said:
at that price, it better walk the dog, clean windows, balance my checkbook, change a tire, chop down a tree, and explain the birds and the bees to my kid. the flashlights are fairly priced, tho.

:hand10:

Thats what I was thinking, For that kind of dough, it shoud take down the BG by itself.

Kind of like the "Trunk Monkey"

Oh yeah, Is that one of your friends Bruce, He is pretty handy with that tire iron.

#23 ·
This is the way that I look at it.
If the Surefire people have consulted their PR guru's,their people that have 6(or so) years of "higher edjumacation",what are they telling the Surefire owners/managers.Are they saying,"yeah,at $425 it'll sell. Look what we're gettin' for our little lights". Or.......do they really feel that the folder is marketable at $425.

Let's see---the wire cutter. It will cut small gauge copper or brass but how 'bout the (only).032" to .040" hard tempered safety wire? How about some of the regular household wire that carries the 110V?

Window breaker?? Heck,my Spyderco Police will do that. So will almost any streight blade end of handle. So will my SAP. So will my pistol butt or just the mag held in your hand. So will......most anything.

Now the wrench. I'd havta see that in action to believe that it would spin off any nut that was more than hand tight. And up to what size? Maybe(?) 5/16ths.

Cord/harness cutter.......Seatbelts-probably. Paracord-maybe. When dulled how do you resharpen it? Same as wire cutter.

I'm not sayin' that this would not be a handy little item to have. It surely would make a great X-Mas preasent.It sure looks kool,intense,far out,and awwwwwsom. I would like to see one and try one. If it performs up to my standard I'd easily pay 50(or so) bucks for one. $425.........yeah right !! --------

#24 ·
Looks nice, but the price is crazy. Not sure I really need to co-mingle a fighting knife and pocket tool. I have a Leatherman Super Tool 200 and a Gerber Applegate. They are a little heavy on the belt, but together they accomplish more tasks for less than half the price of the Surefire. But you can never have too many toys, so if ya got the bucks...!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.