Man, the UK SUCKS!

This is a discussion on Man, the UK SUCKS! within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What next, spoons? Blade Magazine - It Just Isn''t Cricket ...So, you might say, who cares about the “bloody British,” as Johnny Horton calls them ...

Thread: Man, the UK SUCKS!

Man, the UK SUCKS!

What next, spoons?

Blade Magazine - It Just Isn''t Cricket

...So, you might say, who cares about the “bloody British,” as Johnny Horton calls them in the 1950s song The Battle of New Orleans, especially when the United Kingdom is conducting an English Inquisition of knives that makes U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s “Switch Hunt” of assisted openers look like a wee spot of bother by comparison?

What reminded me of the UK’s unabashed “knife-o-cide” was when I visited a website pertaining to the aforementioned English knife manufacturer. There, all in red including a big circle with a white number “18” in it, was the garish warning: “IMPORTANT You must be over 18 to buy a knife. Your age will be verified by an Age Verification Service.” (An “Age Verification Service”? No wonder England has lost its mojo!)...
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

2. Remove Ads

I am surprised that America has so much crime. All bad guys would have to do is go over to England (were the people can’t protect themselves) and make a killing (pun intended). I don’t think America would allow this to stand.

Senior Member Array psychophipps's Avatar
    The UK isn't the worst of it. Try Denmark where any weapon of any type will land you in jail with a fine.
    The main problem with the UK is that they pander far too hard towards the rest of Europe when they just need to state the obvious. "Sorry, mates. We're British, not European."

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmend View Post
    I am surprised that America has so much crime. All bad guys would have to do is go over to England (were the people can’t protect themselves) and make a killing (pun intended). I don’t think America would allow this to stand.
    BGs leave America? Not likely. To many bleeding hearts on their side here. Where else good you be a repeat offender so many times?
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    BGs leave America? Not likely. To many bleeding hearts on their side here. Where else good you be a repeat offender so many times?
    The U.K. That's the point. As bad as we are, it's worse there.
    Defend yourself? Go to prison.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by psychophipps View Post
    The UK isn't the worst of it. Try Denmark where any weapon of any type will land you in jail with a fine.
    The main problem with the UK is that they pander far too hard towards the rest of Europe when they just need to state the obvious. "Sorry, mates. We're British, not European."
    *****!! As a Brit, (been here 3 years) that statement is oh so true!!

The European court meddles way too much in the British justice stytem.....It alot better over here believe it or not!!

But how can this be true?! They have a total ban on guns there!
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

You do have to be 18 to purchase knives online in the US too, but it's a given since you have to use a credit card, and generally you have to be 18 to get a decent card anyway. I'm not sure if that's the law, though, may just be store policy.

But yea. 1984 is really a documentary, not a fiction novel.

If I could just clarify a point, there isnt a total ban on private firearm ownership in the UK, I own a number of firearms.

Yes we do have some strange laws, but then so does every country.

Please remember that only the "strangest" news stories get reported around the world. We get some strange takes on America over here too, if I wasnt a member of diffrent forums I might belive them too.
    QUO FATA VOCANT

Administrator
    While you are correct that their firearms for self-defense policies truly do suck - the UK and the majority of the Brits do not suck in general.
    They still are some of our best allies.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    While you are correct that their firearms for self-defense policies truly do suck - the UK and the majority of the Brits do not suck in general.
    They still are some of our best allies.
    +1000
    I don't care for some of their laws (or their foods) but I have had nothing but wonderful times there while visiting.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Links