my carry knives

my carry knives

This is a discussion on my carry knives within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; still playing with my new camera... I don't carry all of these at the same time but I do carry all of them...just depends on ...

Thread: my carry knives

my carry knives

still playing with my new camera...

I don't carry all of these at the same time but I do carry all of them...just depends on what I'm wearing, what I'm doing, etc.

Left column: CRKT Companion (double edged) and Spyderco Enduras

Right column: Another Companion (single-edged); a Cold Steel Ti-Lite, and a little cheapie "work knife"

Center: Cold Steel Safekeeper II
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Assistant Administrator
    Haha - Matt has gotten the pic-taking bug

Glad you have camera now - nice set of blades
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    Haha - Matt has gotten the pic-taking bug

Glad you have camera now - nice set of blades
    whaaaaaaaat?
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Assistant Administrator
    Haha - just yankin your chain Matt - it is good to see you get some pics up
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Oh I know...no worries

Matt K.

Jeez, let a guy buy a Dremel, and see what happens!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob72
    Jeez, let a guy buy a Dremel, and see what happens!
    Hey...Morgan from TPI did the first one for me, after I saw how it worked everything just went downhill.

Matt K.

That's a pretty cool idea to modify the spyderco thumbhole. How's it work? I would imagine not much of the front of the hole would be used since you press up and more towards the rear with your thumb. Pretty cool.........I just picked up a few of the Beretta knives and like them alot....

Really nice execution on the wave grind Matt. I didn't expect the blade spine to be ground down as well - I always assumed it just involved opening the hole. Really does give the blade a nice profile. How badly does that eat up the pocket seam though? I've got worn spots on all my Levi's just from the clips on my Benchmades, can't imagine what a wave would do.

Always wanted a good push dagger for weak side carry as well, unfortunately the TN Legislature doesn't trust us citizens with double edged knives (or autos, or "gravity" knives, etc) ... loaded handguns are fine but an "evil knife" might hurt someone.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by maclean3
    Really nice execution on the wave grind Matt. I didn't expect the blade spine to be ground down as well - I always assumed it just involved opening the hole. Really does give the blade a nice profile. How badly does that eat up the pocket seam though? I've got worn spots on all my Levi's just from the clips on my Benchmades, can't imagine what a wave would do.

Always wanted a good push dagger for weak side carry as well, unfortunately the TN Legislature doesn't trust us citizens with double edged knives (or autos, or "gravity" knives, etc) ... loaded handguns are fine but an "evil knife" might hurt someone.
    Jack
    When I first started using the waved folders my jeans suffered a little from the numerous draws. Now that I've got it figured out, it's not too bad.

... loaded handguns are fine but an "evil knife" might hurt someone. Don'tcha just love politicians...

Matt K.

I just bought a CS Black Sable.
    I'm still trying to find a way to carry the thing.
    It's huge.

Quote Originally Posted by maclean3
    Because of the chamfering on the thumbhole, and providing you polish down all hard edges where you cut, I think it's the least "wardrobe intensive" wave. Subjectively, more positive than the early Emersons (why I never went "wave", until I saw this cool mod on TPI!).

Links