In the market..

This is a discussion on In the market.. within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking at purchasing a fixed blade knife for SD. From what I've read, in my state, I can have up to a 5" blade, ...

Thread: In the market..

In the market..

I'm looking at purchasing a fixed blade knife for SD. From what I've read, in my state, I can have up to a 5" blade, but I quite often in MN (right across the river), and that law is 3" (from what I read). That means, I'm going to stick to a 3" fixed blade knife.

I've looked at the Spyderco knives, but don't seem to care for the style of them.

Any opinions on this knife: HERE

Not sure how possible this is, but what's the chances I'd find a sheath that would hook parallel to my belt?

Any suggestions? Single or Double edge (I believe both are legal in the states I frequently visit).

EDIT: Just read that MN knife length is 5". So, I will settle with anything under 5". Preferably 3.5" max for EDC.

-TL
    Glock 23
    CWP (ND) Holder
    CWP (Utah) - Waiting for my letter

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by TLaude View Post
    I'm looking at purchasing a fixed blade knife for SD. From what I've read, in my state, I can have up to a 5" blade, but I quite often in MN (right across the river), and that law is 3" (from what I read). That means, I'm going to stick to a 3" fixed blade knife.

I've looked at the Spyderco knives, but don't seem to care for the style of them.

Any opinions on this knife: HERE

Not sure how possible this is, but what's the chances I'd find a sheath that would hook parallel to my belt?

Any suggestions? Single or Double edge (I believe both are legal in the states I frequently visit).

EDIT: Just read that MN knife length is 5". So, I will settle with anything under 5". Preferably 3.5" max for EDC.

-TL
    Make sure about the double-edge. If the two states prohibit daggers or dirks, double edge is out, no matter what other name it goes by.

I have an excellent Gerber boot knife (no longer made) that I can't carry here because of the double edge and blade length - 5.5 inches.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Might want to check out RAT Cutlery's Izula.

http://www.ratcutlery.com/neck_knife.htm

Looks like a very nice little EDC knife. Considering it myself.

SOG pentagon mini is nice, tops has some nice stuff too, as does cold steel
    "Put on the whole armor of God..."

Try one of these www.officer.com/web/online/On-the-Street/Ka-Bar-TDI/21$34777

My recommendation would be the Blackhawk Kalista. With respect to SD as important as the knife is the options for carry. The options with the Kalista are numerous and can accommodate just about any carry method your attired and activity warrant.
    Martial Blade Concepts, Jiu-Jitsu & Eskrima NRA, GOA, NYSRPA, LIF, Old Bethpage Rifle & Pistol Club

Links