Defensive Carry banner

In the market..

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  2edgesword 
#1 ·
I'm looking at purchasing a fixed blade knife for SD. From what I've read, in my state, I can have up to a 5" blade, but I quite often in MN (right across the river), and that law is 3" (from what I read). That means, I'm going to stick to a 3" fixed blade knife.

I've looked at the Spyderco knives, but don't seem to care for the style of them.

Any opinions on this knife: HERE

Not sure how possible this is, but what's the chances I'd find a sheath that would hook parallel to my belt?

Any suggestions? Single or Double edge (I believe both are legal in the states I frequently visit).

EDIT: Just read that MN knife length is 5". So, I will settle with anything under 5". Preferably 3.5" max for EDC.

-TL

#2 ·
Make sure about the double-edge. If the two states prohibit daggers or dirks, double edge is out, no matter what other name it goes by.

I have an excellent Gerber boot knife (no longer made) that I can't carry here because of the double edge and blade length - 5.5 inches.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.