SHOPPING FOR A KNIFE? Here's what we carry. - Page 4

SHOPPING FOR A KNIFE? Here's what we carry.

This is a discussion on SHOPPING FOR A KNIFE? Here's what we carry. within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Spyderco !!!...

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: SHOPPING FOR A KNIFE? Here's what we carry.

Spyderco !!!

Talking

I just carry my little Gerber E-Z Out Jr Serrated Edge, fits in my shirt pocket and it weights next to nothing. I lost one after it came out of my pants pocket that I had it clipped to. I need to super size it..Cheers

Cutco Lockback, American made, stays sharp, and guaranteed for life, only $45

CRKT Hissatsu folder

Leatherman Wave

D2 Benchmade Griptillian all black and I absolutely love it. Had it for 2 years and it still operates and cuts like it was new. Plus Benchmade has awesome, if not the best customer service in the biz.
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

I love the Benchmade knives. My favorite folder is an 800s HSSR AFCK. I also rotate that with a Kershaw Spec Bump and two CRKTs -- an M-16 and an M-21. Just depends on my mood, the clothes I'm wearing, where I'm going and what I'll be doing (e.g., the CRKTs are a little bigger than the other two, so I avoid them for working at the office).

stormcaller i was thinking of getting that knife is it realy worth it?

I only carry a Ka-bar. I have several versions, folders and fixed but this is usually on my side.

"Words can be as lethal as bullets; Choose them carefully, Aim them well & Use them sparingly."

I'm such a pushover for knives. I just started carrying this spring assisted karambit.

It's 7" overall with a 2.75" blade. Very nice build quality, VERY sharp

Skate tape inserts in the slabs make for a superior grip. I figured to test drive this $30 version before dropping a couple of benjamins on an Emerson.
    Rick

Gun owners' prayer:
    "Dear Lord; if I die please don't let my wife sell my gun collection...........for what I told her it was worth"

CRKT M-16 spear point plain blade.
    Carrying a gun means I am prepared for one more eventuality than those who do not.

on a daily non work day, I keep 3 handy

Benchmade ATS-34, partially seratted folder roughly 4" blade about 8" overall (unfolded) for SD

a Remmington, pearl handle, duel blade folder with both bades deploying from the same side, (that'll give you one nasty un-stichable cut with both blades open) it's for practiacal use though

and a recently purcheced Frost "Cat's eye" stiletto, it's mostly for show as it looks like a switch blade, is deployed in a quick mannor with satisfying "Clicky sound", and well hell...is just so much fun to play with, what with fliping the blade out, closing it, and repeating it over and over...it kinda losens the blade, but I can easily tighten it, besides I only gave $10 for it, I'll just get a new one to play with if it breaks, so whatever. it does keep a pretty good edge, and get this, it's American made, despite being a frost.

it looks pretty intimating in some ways, espically when considering how fast that blade flips open. mine has a black non gloss handle though

on a work day, just my remmington for cutting boxes ect, my manger is always amazed that my knife works just as well as her box cutter, in fact better, cuz it's easier to grip, lol.

I always carry in pairs. I currently carry 2 Benchmade nitrous strykers, 912s with the plain satin tanto blades, 2 Spyderco 4th gen Delicas, half and half black blades in vg10 w/frn handles, and 2 Emerson CQC7s with plain satin tanto blades. With wave. Normally I have 4 knives on at all times. Left and right pocket cip, one in the cell phone pocket and I wrap and rubberband my cash around the handle of one of the Spydercos. It makes an excellent money clip. When I'm back in civilization and can CC I just carry one clipped to the left hand pocket along with the "money knife". My speed strips go in that pocket as well.
    I am not The Word
    I am the parchment on which
    The Word is written

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I have two Kershaw Ken Onion Leeks...one for SD, and the other for specific cutting jobs...the SD cuts nothing.
    My exact same knife configuration.

Be Safe,

NosaM
    "In a crisis, you will not rise to the occasion, but you will default to the level of your training."

I'm 5'7" 200lbs, so significantly smaller than you, but I also carry a SOG Flash II. Only difference is mine is a plain blade. If I'm feeling especially tactical I'll strap my Ka-Bar TDI.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links