For those carrying an Izula..

This is a discussion on For those carrying an Izula.. within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; How do you carry them? If possible, could you post pictures, I'm looking at getting one for EDC but am trying to figure out the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How do you carry them? If possible, could you post pictures, I'm looking at getting one for EDC but am trying to figure out the best way to carry it.

VIP Member
    I started carrying an Izula as my EDC knife about a month ago. I wanted it to stay as close to flat on my belt as possible so I used some paracord to create a couple of belt loops on the sheath. I carry it inverted at the center of my back; it's easily accessible unless you are sitting in a vehicle, but you do have to take care when re-sheathing it. If I can find my wife's camera, I will try to get a photo of it for you.

I just carry it in my left pocket. When I pull it out, the front top of the sheath (?) grabs the inside of my pocket, much like a small handgun's pocket holster. This has never failed me, but I've seen a couple guys on Bladeforums cut a little nick or grooves on the top corner for it to catch even better.

I've carried it a few times on my belt also, but that's not really for me. I prefer pocket carry. You can also use the lanyard, tie it to your belt and leave the knife in your pocket. this way, you can either pull it until the cord stops it and it comes out, or use it as a fail-safe if it doesn't catch on your pocket and open.

I carry this knife more and more the longer I have it. I actually prefer it over my Chris Reeve Sebenza that I just love!

No pics of carrying, but here's mine...

Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Quote Originally Posted by jgilbert View Post
    How do you carry them? If possible, could you post pictures, I'm looking at getting one for EDC but am trying to figure out the best way to carry it.
    That's kind of a strange way to decide on an EDC knife. I'd think that someone would first figure out how they wanted to carry a knife (along with other usage requirements) and then determine which knives best fit those requirements, as opposed to the other way around.
    A traffic ticket is formal recognition of a lapse in situational awareness.

I'll let you know once mine gets here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bm7b5 View Post
    That's kind of a strange way to decide on an EDC knife. I'd think that someone would first figure out how they wanted to carry a knife (along with other usage requirements) and then determine which knives best fit those requirements, as opposed to the other way around.
    That's essentially what I'm doing here, I'm not going to buy something that I can't carry comfortably/easily and thereby will more likely to leave it at home. I'm hoping someone can show me some good ways to carry one concealed so that I may purchase one

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ndation-7.html

Scroll just a tad down and you'll find how I carry mine.
    Good luck!
    ''No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.''

-Thomas Jefferson-

VIP Member
    Thanks for the PIC's. Otherwise, I wouldn't have a clue what the heck an Izula was.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

I have one of these. I quit carrying it. Too aggravating.
    https://www.kabar.com/product/produc...e=New Products
    Healthy children will not fear life, if their parents have integrity enough not to fear death.
    -TIME DEUM ET OPERARE IUSTITIAM--

I carry mine in a home made merc harness. Google it. I'll try to put up a picture tomorrow. Carries awesome. Basically no imprinting in just a t shirt. Completely invisible even in the lightest of jackets

I wrapped the handle in orange cord, put it in my back pocket, figured out the length of the cord that i needed to loop it through a belt loop, and cut the stock cord to that length. carry it tip up. I dont have a knife for a self defense situation; I suppose it could be, but I usually have 14 rounds of 45acp on me. I use the knife as a tool; open boxes, etc. I dont even know its there. Great little knife.

I carry it clipped into my back pocket with a sheath I made

THAT is real cool JJEXP. I have read tons of good things about this knife but never seen one in person considering getting one and this is a great thread.
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

I neck carry mine, kydex sheath with paracord "necklace" No issues, carrys very well

I have a couple different set-ups for my izula. I use the sheath that came with it for a necker, just add a small stainless carabiner & a bead chain ( I prefer the bead chain instead of paracord in a cqb situation). There's a guy I know who makes custom kydex sheaths, and I had him make me one for horizontal belt carry.
    Fortune favors the bold

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links