Defensive Carry banner

Yeahhh Bear Mace!

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Sunday 
G
#1 ·
My wife was walking our sweet little **** Zu :smile:from the groomers back to the car when 2 big stray dogs tried to attack:nono:. Instead of using her 380 she carrys, she decide to spray them with a large canister of Bear mace that I recently purchased for her at Cabellas [She keeps it in her Suv door]. Just wanted to report that it does work, she emptied the whole canister on them:congrats:.

#8 ·
I had a large can of that stuff for several years, and ended up turning it over to the local gun shop for disposal. I’m sure it ended up in the store clerk’s car but I simply didn’t want the hassle. I kept having visions of some sort of inappropriate use. Sometimes I miss it when I’m out with my dogs, as I haven’t replaced it with something less controversial.

#9 ·
stray dogs can realy be a hassle
while walking. my dogs mostly manage
to steer them away. if the need arises for
me to take action. the stray will meet
"THE JUDGE". that 410 shell will stop em.
Paper work ? i don't have to fill it out.
"sign here sir." its over. i've considered
a spraycan. just fear bad aim with it.

#10 ·
I have used bear spray during a black bear attack and it worked. This stuff is Oleoresin Capsicum (OC). Generally at between 5 to 10 percent for non-military use (OC concentration is higher for military use). The best bear spray is available here: UDAP Bear Deterrent Pepper Spray. Bear spray in a can is only reliable for about two years before the can should be replaced. Also realize that it may not work on people as you might expect. As an example USMC security forces training includes being sprayed in the face with (OC) spray (YouTube - OC Spray) and then they are required to continue fighting hand to hand. The moral of the story is you can fight through being sprayed with this stuff and win (although its not comfortable).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.