boot knife sheaths

boot knife sheaths

This is a discussion on boot knife sheaths within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I been looking for a boot knife and sheath, but the sheaths that I see clip on at the boot top and keeps the knife's ...

boot knife sheaths

I been looking for a boot knife and sheath, but the sheaths that I see clip on at the boot top and keeps the knife's handle exposed above the boot, which kinda bothers me. Is there any one who makes a sheath that clips on the boot but keeps the knife handle at least halway concealed in the boot ?
    Any ideas, comments, or statements ?
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Lead Moderator
    never saw 1. I found boot knives to be uncomfortable inside the boot. Unless I made 1 with a padded sheath to protect my leg. Kydex has been fun to work with, why not order a kit and try your hand at it?
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    To me having a blade "down there" somewhere, is akin to carring a firearm in a ankle holster. Carry your blade where you can get to it while standing or when on the ground with some 300 pound baboon on top of you.

I look at it like this,with all the nasty stuff that can happen to you,where do you want your blade to be. This being practical.

Do some slow, force on force training with your buddy(preferably the bigger the better). Have him grab you,hold you,bear hug you,arm lock you,and generally try to keep you from deploying your rubber training blade. See what you can get to and what you can't.

I have a friend that carries his Gerber(streight/double) in his rear pocket in the sheith. He's a very thin fellow and can get to it with either hand. Hey,works for him.---------

You might contact a boot maker and see if they can custom make a pair with a built in sheath. Probably going to be expensive. Maybe contact some knife makers and see if they know of any boot makers that have product like you are looking for. Seems to me I once saw a boot maker that had a line with a built in sheath or maybe it was a holser but darned if I can find it now. Anything else is going to be a clip on or home made.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

You might try a setup like the one I use. I carry one of my CRKT Companions handle-down (faster access than handle-up). The sheath is just one of the factory sheaths on which I reversed the clip. I added a "blousing-strap" around the boot just to keep it from shifting around.

If the pic shows, you'll be able to see what I'm talking about.
    Attached Images
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Sponsor
    One of the officers I worked with for 5 years carried a straight blade about 6 inches long in his boot on duty. He had a leathersmith sew the sheath into the boot on the inside. Hot setup for a boot sheath system.

It was backup to a backup for him when all else had been lost.

Brownie
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Ken.....what type of scabbard is that you're using? It looks like one of the better ideas for a boot knife that I've come across.

Jake
    "They kept tryin' to put me in the ground, but I wasn't ready"

Quote Originally Posted by TarletonRanger
    what type of scabbard is that you're using? It looks like one of the better ideas for a boot knife that I've come across.

Jake
    It's just one of the two sheaths that you get when you buy the Companion. Of course, anyone that does custom kydex work could build you something similar.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Sponsor
    Artz,

If you want custom kydex sheaths for the knives, contact my very good friend Mike Sastre at www.rivercitysheaths.com

Tell him what you have for a knife, if he has one he can make the sheath or you'll have to send the knife to him, they are custom fitted to the blades.

Most all my knives sheaths are from Mike, including that Covington sheath in the other thread I put up. Tell him Brownie sent ya, he can hook you up with a rig to your liking.

Brownie
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

The Columbia River Knife and Tool Sting, based on the old AG Russell Sting, comes with a Nylon ankle sheath that I've found quite comfortable and stable.

Thats unique...looks good too. Thanks Phil !
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Yep those are good sheaths.

I got one of those new Stings to go with my old German made one in my collection.

Will also get another for actual use soon.

Links